Quartet Contests - Leicester/Midlands/Warwickshire Area

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davidsait, Oct 3, 2005.

1. davidsait

davidsait Member

Hi folks,

Anyone know of any forthcoming Quartet Contests in the Leicester/Midlands/Warwickshire area at all?
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Leicestershire Brass Band association have a contest this coming sunday. The closing date has passed, but there is usally a shortage in the quartet section, so you MAY be able to appeal to their better nature and squeeze in.
    PM me if interested, I'll try and find a phone number.

NEMBBA Solo Duet & Quartet Contest- Shirland Miners Welfare, 123 Main Road, Shirland, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 6BA. (Member bands only). Classes: Junior Slow melody under 12 years, 12-14 years, 14-17 years, Air Varie, Duet & Quartet Novice (any age). Details from Brian Eggleshaw 01623-478454 (Not sure of the age groups for quartets there, but worth giving Brian a call.

And don't forget the British Open of course. British Open Solo & Quartet Championships - Tameside. Hyde Town Hall, Market Street, Hyde, SK14 1AL. Open Solo Championship; Intermediate Slow Melody Championship (under 17); Junior Slow Melody Championship (under 12); Junior Quartet Championship (under 12, from same band); Senior Quartet Championship. Schedule and further information from Frank Hodges: 01942-703217.
    Closing date this week I think, so better pull your finger out. ;)

Information from IBEW
  3. davidsait

davidsait Member

Thanks, I saw the Shirland one but as you say we're a bit late. I've got the forms for the British Open contest but was after something a bit more local first, perhaps.