Quality Purchases!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by neiltwist, Nov 8, 2003.

1. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I was at a christmas fayre event this morning when I fell in love!

Upon approaching the object of my desire, heavily apprehended by many cuddly toys, I asked if the 'object' happened to be attached. To my delight I found out there was no such attachment to anyone! All worked out favourably, and now I am blowing this 'object' up as I type, and with a bit of luck I'll be lounging upon my beautiful inflatable chair within the hour!

Anyway, what is everyone elses favourite quality purchase? And please, nothing else that needs blowing up!
  2. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Could "quality purchases" be another term for "bargains"? :? :lol: :wink:
  3. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

A Bb/F Tenor Trombone in 90% working order. My Mum found it at a market in Reford, and snapped it up! The only things that are problematical at the moment is a rattle from the trigger and the trigger tuning slide being stuck 8)
    Can't remember the make or model though :!: :oops:
  4. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

A Besson/Boosey Imperial and it cost £70

Janet (Stephen's Mum)
  5. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

My Prestige Euph was a bit of a bargain then- 47.5% off the RRP price. :D
    Completely satisfied with it as well. :wink:
  6. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

actually thinking about it, my bass trombone went round the trade stands,so it cost £1k instead of £2,850 or so!
  7. Di

Di Active Member

A long time ago, but I got my baritone at half price :D because it was a baritone!!!! :roll: He'd sold all his other brass instruments and wanted to get rid of it before he ordered more!
  8. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

i got a good deal on my courtois euph

its price should have been £2800
    but got it reduced at £2400
    in the end i'm only having to pay £1600 for it as i extchanged it for my old euph (which my parents paid for)

impressive deal i thaught - not planing on paying my parents that £800 either :lol:
  9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :lol:
  10. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

well its probably just an 'un-mentioned present'