Quality percussionists around Sheffield needed to complete the picture

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by thejazzter, Apr 5, 2010.

1. thejazzter

thejazzter New Member

It's little known that the City of Sheffield band (formerly Stocksbridge) has encountered a major shake up and fortunate influx of quality players in recent months. With the return of John Lee on the flugel seat, Andy Wallace and Dave Morton on the front row, the band is also very excited about the signing of former Fishburn flugel hornist Melissa Madisson on Rep and Mandy Brader as classy 'McCann' protege on the end seat! The band is fortunate to house some of Yorkshire's most experienced and up-coming cornermen that higher ranking bands would kill for. Added to which is a compliment of great, reliable, dedicated supporting seats, the band is on the up.

All we need now is a dedicated and talented percussion section to complete this picture. If you think you fit the bill and would like to come and sit in with us.. give us a try. A more friendly and sociable band there isn't! Call Isobel on 07876022593 or David on 07535773091.

It is our aim to be back in the top section in 2012. Be part of it! :clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    percussionists
    City of Sheffield
    Melissa Madisson
    shake
    influx
  3. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Fantastic to see City of Sheffield doing so well. There really is an amazing array of talent round the stands. And as always the band remains one of the friendliest bunch of musicians I've ever known.
    I totally believe that the next couple of years will see the band becoming a force to be reckoned with again.
    Just the percussion section to nail but I'm sure that's going to come right with the way the band's going, so if there are any percussionists out there who want to become part of this great team I'd highly recommend you getting in touch.