Putting things on toast

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Flutey, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Now, I'm sure that all you lovely tMPers can help me out here, and save me having to eat some toast myself... but when you put jam or Marmite or butter or anything on toast, do you know roughly how many grams you use? My business studies class are doing a Dragons Den pitch to our teachers tomorrow and another member of my group has decided she simply cannot live without knowing how many slices of toast you can spread a jar of jam over...
    Total insanity, but I know that many people on here have all the answers! Please help, even if you aren't sure any rough guess will do fine :)

2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

3. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Hmm...

Jam: real stuff with lots of lumps of fruit, or thin runny stuff? Makes a difference, you know.

Butter: spread lavishly, or cheapo cafe scrape on/scrape off style?

Marmite: no idea, hate the stuff....

Hope this helps...... ;)

4. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

LOL very helpful. Mr B, we are planning to start a toast business which would be very unprofitable if we put that much of everything on it!
    Ok, if not quantities... suggest what we could make the "Challenge toasted sandwich"... the maddest one as possible please, as we have to give out a free meal if someone manages to eat it!

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

You could probably get away with saying 5 grams.

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Marmite

[sneaks off to heave in the wastebasket at the very thought of the devil's spread]

7. andyp

andyp Active Member

Marmite, bananas, jalapeno peppers and peanut butter.

And a flake crumbled on top, for garnish?

8. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

EURGH!!! Thank goodness I did the dragon's den pitch before that, it would have made the dragons throw up!

9. andyp

andyp Active Member

Well you did say the maddest one possible!!

10. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

As a slight aside - I cannot stand butter and jam on a piece of toast - my hubs has a slab of butter, then spoons the jam on - yukkkkkkk

And I go a bit mad at him if he gets butter in the jam jar lol!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMPers
    Dragons Den
    jar of jam
    slices of toast
    teachers tomorrow
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I hoping this would be a thread about what we prefer to put on toast ... for me it's sliced cheese, with thin slices of tomato grilled on top. :p

13. Me too! Can't beat cheese on toast with tomato on top! Its like a wee pizza!

In the morning its just butter for me and it has to be completely melted before I eat it.

My friend told me to try buttered toast then dip it into coffee :confused: not tried it yet!

14. coolpics

coolpics New Member

Marmite and Honey - together - perfection

Go on give it a try tomorrow morning!

15. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Lol it can be what you like on toast... I just wanted "market research" really. Marmite and honey? I'm so glad I don't eat breakfast :)

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Breakfast? You can't beat bacon and fried egg sandwiched between two slices of buttered toast! Apart from my favourite (cheese on toast) I like bananas on toast.