Pubs to be recommended for meals

Discussion in 'Random Chat & Off Topic...' started by ian perks, May 7, 2008.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Over the last two weekends my fiance and i have been to two pubs across the country.
    Just in case anyone is looking for a good pub to go to for a meal out the following 2 can be well given a visit;
    George Inn
    Loughbrough Road
    Coleorton
    Leicestershire
    01530 834639

The Black Bull
    Bar Lane
    Midgley
    Wakefield
    WF4 4JJ

if anyone as any more pubs to recommend just add to the list

2. millie6589

millie6589 Member

The Bluebell
    Main Street
    Alne
    York
    YO61 1RR

It is fab.

3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

up date here for you
    M1 Junction 38
    01924 830260

4. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Do they serve sausages?

Trouble with this is that different people may look for different things in a pub meal. And pubs can change in food standard for all sorts of reasons, including changes of ownership/management.

5. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

The Strines Inn

Strines
    Sheffield

The Bridge Inn
    Thurgoland
    Barnsley

cant remember the full adresses, but if you want them PM me and ill find them out for you :D

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Ian next time you are in the same area, travel over towards the Emley mast and just down the road to Shat (Skelmanthorpe) is the Three Acres. A little pricey but very poplular and great food and beer.

"The Three Acres Inn is a charming old former coaching inn set in a rural spot on Emley Moor in West Yorkshire. Well known in the area for its excellent food, it is also one of the best pubs in the area for traditional real ales and a friendly atmosphere"

37-41 Roydhouse, Shelley
    HD8 8LR
    Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Phone: 01484 602606
    Fax: 01484 608411
    Homepage:
    www.3acres.com

7. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

The Lion Inn
    Blakey Ridge
    Farndale
    North Yorkshire

Not for the faint-hearted (or cholesterol-conscious), Proper Yorkshire servings of excellent food. (Southern-softies have been known to send the plates back before they start the meal saying there's too much). Not expensive either.

Sud.

8. millie6589

millie6589 Member

I was going to suggest this one too but you beat me to it!

9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

10. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

The Coach House Carvery in Fareham / Gosport
    The Osbourne View in Hill Head (Lee-on-Solent ish area)

11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Might be good to add (and it seems some have already done this) what your favourites on that pub's menu are.

Fado
    Columbus, OH
    Food is not superb save a few items...fish & chips, breakfast sandwich (for those 7:30am footie matches), Shrimp&Chicken Boxty and anything with their fresh basil (grown hydroponically and delivered from the local secondary school)...tomato/mozerella/basil salad is not on the menu, but they'll make it on request and it is FANTASTIC!!!

*note: there is some bias on this review

12. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

The King and Queen
    1 Foley Street
    London W1

Good range of lunches including some top pies ! Also now features four real ales - St Austell Tribute , Adnams' Broadside , Deuchars IPA plus a guest which this week is Sharpe's Doombar ( or will be till I get in there tonight and have a stab at drinking it all !).

Also for Pie and Ale fans:

The Bree Louise
    Drummond Street ( behind Euston Station)
    London NW1.

Seventeen (!!) Ales on most days including several milds. Pies are the stuff of legend !

13. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

ooo.. looks really good, not to far from office either..

http://www.thebreelouise.com/

14. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Got to admit, I'm getting to be a bit of a regular at The Moby Dick, on Whalebone road.

15. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

Mr Thomas's Chop House on Cross St in the centre of Manchester - best corned beef hash ever, made with proper corned beef, not that hanging tinned dog food type stuff.:clap:

16. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Just don't drink whilst there.

A couple of years' ago I went in and was charged £3.60 for a pint of roughflow John Smiths. Ouch!

17. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Sams chop house is even nicer. Its just across the road. Best onion soup in the world (and the hash is even better than Mr. Thomas'!)

18. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

No, it's not a boozing pub, although if you must drink that John Smiths filth you deserve to be charged through the nose :rolleyes:. Mind you, there aren't many boozing pubs left in central Manchester, unless you develop a taste for Holts, and fighting.

Never been in Sams, must give it a go :tup.

19. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

If you want a decent pint and good food in Manchester then you can do no better than:

The Marble Arch
    73 Rochdale Road
    Manchester
    M4 4HY

Beer brewed on the premises, food in gargantuan portions and all fresh.

20. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

It's not a particular fave of mine either, just happened to be all that was on offer at the time.

Hang on, it might have been Sam's....:oops:

Speaking of Sam's just down from the Chop House near the the big wheely thing is the Oyster Bar selling Sam Smith's ales at around the £1.50 mark.

Other boozing pubs include-

The Briton's Protection
    Peveril of the Peak
    The Seven Oaks

sorry to stray off topic, I don't eat in pubs very often....