Proud of my hubby - and Glyn Williams!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jockinafrock, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

I just want the whole banding world to know how proud I was when my hubby, Andy Rolfe, got 'Bandsman of the Year' at the recent Foden's Patron's Concert... The whole committe work their socks off, but I know first-hand how much work my old man has done over the last few months, and the hours he has put in at home (and work - shh!) for the band. :clap:

It's not an easy task and often family takes a back seat - if I weren't a player myself, and understood how much work goes into running a band, I'm sure I'd 've given him the old heave ho! by now!

Congratulations also to Glyn, who won 'Player of the Year' - no-one could argue with that! I'd run off with Glyn, but Helen might say summat...! ;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    man
    banding world
    band
    work
    Bandsman of the Year
  3. ROB C

ROB C New Member

Congratulations Andy from Rob , Jan & all at Stone :clap::clap::clap:

4. piston

piston Member

Well done Mr Rolfe sir. Fiona how are you these days?

5. jockinafrock

Taking this neck o' the woods by storm...! ;) Andy reckons Fodens'll beat Crewe
    Co-op again this year at the area... hmmm'... You'll have t' remind me who you are tho'... :oops:

6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Congratulations to the both of you. :clap::clap:

7. westburykid

westburykid Member

I'tll be neck and neck I would have thought! ;-)

Well done Andy, nearly as good as my 181 score to be come Crewe Co-op Ten Pin Idol 2009........

8. foxyflug

foxyflug Member

Mrs Rolfe.......you hussy!

Our congratulations to Andy too......amazing how many hours Fodens Band can suck out of you (thats over and above practice, rehearsals, concerts etc), we are lucky to have such a dedicated Committee and other helpers. We, especially Glyn, seem to spend ages sorting out band stuff...........its a wonder you can see our house for dust!

9. piston

piston Member

Chris Jones of Spennymoor Days

10. jockinafrock

Chris...!!! How the devil are you...?!!! Tell mam and dad I'm asking after them ! :D Are you still blowing?

11. piston

piston Member

I am fine thank you, doing an mA in heritage me larky, yes still blowing at Lanchester now

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    man
    banding world
    band
    work
    Bandsman of the Year
  13. bannisa

bannisa Member

Would that be the same Andy Rolfe that was at North Skelton many years ago?

If so, well done mate. Long time no see. Maybe see you at the English Nationals.

Andrew Bannister
    Formerly sop at North Skelton now on the front row at Grimethorpe

14. jockinafrock

The very same one...! How'd you get into a band like Grimey? See you at Preston, you can buy me a pint for old times sake... Let the battle commence...! ;)

15. bannisa

bannisa Member

They must have been desperate!! I've been there for just over 12 months. Was dawn sawth but moved to Lincoln Christmas 2007.

See you soon