Prospective MD seeks a band!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nethers, Jun 7, 2004.

1. nethers

nethers Active Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Marc Nethercot, currently solo trom at united co-op yorks. (and great fun it is!) and I've just finished by BMus (music degree) at Huddersfield Uni. Next year (results pending!) I'll still be here in Hudds doing an MA.

Anyway, to the point! I'm searching for a band to conduct. As I'm only 21, I haven't got lots of experience, but I have done some conducting (with positive feedback, including the conducting module at Hudds Uni) and have worked as a player with just about every big name conductor I can think of. I've done teaching before (again with good references) but would like to expand in to a new field!

So, is there a band (ideally not a youth band - I am better at music than child control. But I'm not too concerned about standard - an enthusiastic 4th section band is preferable to a political/unfriendly 1st section band!) within easy driving distance of where I am in Huddersfield, that rehearses on nights other than Mondays and Thursdays (sorry folks, co-op's rehearsals) that wants to give me a try? To sweeten the deal, I don't want paying!

I'm a dead friendly guy and will treat any replies in confidence if you like.
    Hoping for lots of replies! Thanks all