Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Well Worth It, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Preview

2. Submit

1. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

You've finished typing your message and you reach for the mouse.
    Do you
    a: Preview (and actually read what you've written before you allow the world to do so...)
    b: Just click Submit (to get rid before that annoying so-n-so gets theirs in first.)
  2. jonford

jonford Member

I normally just click submit inless i've put any tags in my message and then I normally preview it to check. Otherwise If ive made a serious mistake there's always the edit button!

You have to just click submit in some of those threads in the random section especially tune association and the person before!
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If it's a normal, straightforward post I tend to do a cursory check and then submit it, going back to edit if I then see something I'd missed before. Anything with a special layout I always preview first.

One oddity I've found since getting my broadband connection at work is that sometimes it won't accept my edit at first, saying it is too soon after the first posting :shock:
  4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I get that as well, but at home.

I try to remember to preview first, cos even though I'm not dyslexic, my fingers are :oops:

If I'm trying to get in before someone else I'll just submit and then edit if I make a mess. Otherwise I usually preview. It's really hard when I try and keep up with that Peter Bale chap. Talk about shoot from the hip! :lol:
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea I get that as well... :lol:

I usually just submit straight away, I tend to proof-read myself for the little typos... ;-)
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yup, that pretty much goes for me too!
  7. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

its probably just the "floor control" stoping you from editing post. so you cant post twice in 30 seconds for example.
  8. Naomi McFadyen

yea I know that ;-) :p
    You liturally just have to wait a couple more seconds to beable to post
  9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i just submit my post, if ive made a really horrible mistake there is always an edit button, but i can touch type, sometimes not very well, but i can, so i look at the screen while my fingers type...proof readin as u go along!
  10. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I touch type too! (77wpm if any typing BOCs are out there :wink: ). I tend to preview my posts though - especially if I've put tags in, so I can check formatting.
  11. drummergurl

if ive put summat posh in like i dunno a foto (which i havent actually done) then ill preview, but otherwise i post it n see if it worked wot i wanted to do
    i dont preview at all really, i used to a little bit, but now i just submit
  12. Naomi McFadyen

You had Mavis Beaken typing programme too?!?!?!?
  13. drummergurl

huh??? hable en anglais por favor
  14. mikelyons

Naomi's showing her age :wink:

A well-known ( :?: ) typing tutor program
  15. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: Yea I'm getting old....... was a class tutor for typing.... and yes, well-known..... or it was at the time anyway :lol:
  16. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

I remember trying to work my way through one of my Mother's 1940's touch typing books!

All I can recall is having to type:

the ozone has a bad effect on the oboes and something about wizened witches!

17. Naomi McFadyen

glad to say I'm not THAT old!! :lol:
  18. mikelyons

Wouldn't even dream of suggesting...
    :lol: :lol:
  19. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I just submit - if i've messed up the typing then i'll just edit it afterwards.
  20. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Mavis Beacon :shock: I'd forgotten about her!
    Tend to just submit as my spelling's pretty good anyway - but sometimes I really wish there was a spell checker on here!