Promotion/Demotion tables for Regionals

Discussion in '2006 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by stopher, Dec 29, 2005.

1. stopher

stopher Member

I know that this has been posted before for a few years ago but has anyone got any idea where you can get a copy of these apart from being in each year's regional programme.

Its the table that tells you how many points you are on to work out whether or not you are up, staying or down for the following year

Ta

Chris

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

London and Southern Counties publishes it on their website. I expect that other regions do too. I don't know if there is a collated, nation-wide table though.

Cheers

DaveR

3. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

My understanding is that you simply add up the position of the bands from the last two years at the areas. For bands that don't turn up then they get automatic last place i.e. if six bands turn up and two bands withdraw then the two bands that don't turn up get 7 points each. This year's results will then be added to those totals.

Porthaethwy got 5th in 2004 and 4th in 2005, 5+ 4 = 9 points
    Beaumaris B on 3+7 = 10 points.
    Trefor on 6+6 = 12 points (& rumoured not to be attending in 2006)
    Ebbw Vale on 7+7= 14 points
    Harlech on 8+7 = 15 points

I'm not sure whether it's two or three bands that go down? Looks like Porthaethwy are pretty safe anyway ;)

4. stopher

stopher Member

Cheers Rhodri

Just wondering who had been promoted/demoted and to also see how many bands are in the 3rd section as quite s few have not competed over the last couple of years.

Strange to see that only a few regional committees have websites and actually publish this - surprised that TMP or 4BR have not published these yet - an idea for the mods perhaps?

5. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

Yes it would be useful to have this kind of thing made clear to everyone in advance.

6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

West of England BBA doesn't even have a website! :tongue: I think some clever person should do all the maths and put it somewhere on tMP or 4BR! and then it could be kept uptodate more easily then!

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Well volunteered Fi! :clap: :tongue:

8. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

i agree it would make sense to have everyones for the whole country in the same place. it would make sense to be on 4BR, they cover all the contests show it wouldn't be that hard.

the whole thing just confuses me!!:confused:

9. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

As secretary of my band, I know that I get a copy from our area secretary (West of England). Check with your secretary.

Igg

10. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

If you give me all the stats and how to calculate it all.... I will.... try! :tongue:

11. persins

persins Member

Doh!!! Looks like you've given yourself a right mission there!
    4br result archive perhaps plus contact every regions' secretaries to get lists of competing bands and those that didn't!!
    See you in 2008 then?!!
    Actually, more like the Riviera Centre bar on weekend of 18-19th March?!

12. PHA161

PHA161 New Member

Makes a change for L & SC to lead the way !!

13. The_Eighth_Dwarf

The_Eighth_Dwarf New Member

being slightly sad, I have a spreadsheet for the south west going back to 2000 if anyone want s it pm me and I'll email it.

I thinks it about 98% accurate back to 2000

14. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I'm guessing you haven't been to many contests run by other people then? I have, and noone does it better than the Scaba & LSC people imho.

Back on topic.... we get the tables given out with our scores and adjudicators comments on the day, so all the LSC bands have known their gradings since last March. Seems a bit odd that the other areas don't do that too.

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

Ignore him Alex, he's just getting grumpy in his old age :p

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

17. PHA161

PHA161 New Member

You are absolutely right, you must have been talking to HBB !

18. PHA161

PHA161 New Member

With all your experience can you explain the follow ~ when a band is demoted nationally from first section to second by L&SC, why does SCABA not follow suit ?
    The situation now arises that the band competes with all second section bands at the area, only to then compete with first section bands at SCABA contests, I have also heard that because of possible low entries, they amalgamate the first and championship sections together ~ which then makes the whole situation a farce !

19. stevetrom

stevetrom Active Member

Is there anyone on tMp with connection to the Midlands regional committee?

We used to have a table (official I think) posted in the bandroom showing the regional standings for our section, is this still sent out to bands?

We have changed band secretary so it could be them just being lazy!

20. Di

Di Active Member

I have posted an unofficial set of tables (unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my calculations on the 4th section :mad: ) here.