Promises, Promises ...

Discussion in 'Random Chat & Off Topic...' started by brassneck, Dec 15, 2006.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Ever made a promise you will never keep? Erm, I've just bought a bargain collection of CDs of the complete Der Ring des Nibelungen (Richard Wagner) performed by the Badische Staatskapelle (Gunter Neuhold) on eBay. I would like to try and get through the 15 or 16 hours of the music in one go but I know I never will. Anything you have committed to and never started or completed?

2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I have all 5 Seasons of 24 on DVD. Have seen half of 1, all of 2, none of 3, half of 4 and all of 5. I really would like to watch them all from the beginning but I think sleep may very well take over at some point.

3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I've been wanting to re read all the harry potter books from start to finish again, well ive been trying to for a year but never really found enough time!!

4. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

COMPLETELY tidying my room.

Christmas Shopping. I promised myself it'd all be done last monday.. that went to tuesday.. then today.. (just don't go there today :mad: lol!) So now it's last minute around the shops that are open on a sunday tomorrow and a bit of DIY over the next few days I think! :rolleyes:

5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I tend to rationalise this kind of commitment to self.

Things I will do this week - these will definitely happen. Example - Christmas cards will be sent by Tuesday.

Things I'll do before I'm fifty - these things will happen, but I'm less sure about the timescale. Example - I will become the conductor of a brass band.

Things I'll do before I'm seventy five - these things will not happen. Example - I'm going to run the London Marathon...

;)

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

I kind of feel as though I should have an onslaught on some of my DVD sets; the 9-disc extended special edition set of Lord of the Rings, for instance. I've also (shamefully) never listened to my 3 CD set of La Nozze di Figaro from start to finish. I will, though, eventually....:rolleyes:

7. I've been trying to give up drinking irn bru for ages, but I'm hoping one day it actually happens as its not good for my weight or my teeth!!!