Problems with Justmusic

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Gabriel Soboe, May 23, 2008.

1. Gabriel Soboe

Gabriel Soboe New Member

Does anyone else have problems with the time it takes for music to arrive, when ordered from the justmusicuk website?

2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I have a problem with them. They don't take Maestro.

:ranting2:

3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Not me, usually arrives within a week. Sometimes a bit longer, but not much. How long have you been waiting?

4. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Yeh most times Ive ordered it takes ages for music to arrive.

Prob better ordering straight from the publisher.

5. bignige

bignige Member

No problems - usually arrives quickly. We ordered some music on Monday - arrived Wednesday

6. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

I have used Just Music for years now, I find their service excellent. The staff most courteous and helpful and a prompt service. I have only encountered problems when Just Music are unable to get a title from a specific publisher. On my enquiry they have explained this! I use them also for my work (Music Service).

7. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

is that not because it has to go by road then ferry then carrier sheep to get there wull. :)

8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I use Just Music a lot and generally they are quite good. Sometimes it has taken up to four weeks for stuff to arrive but generally that is from either Salvationist publishers or from dutch publishers and they usually do explain that at the time of ordering.

9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Only recently I ordered a conductor's score for a contest on the 18th May. I was promised categorically it would be with me in time. It wasn't. They then phoned me on the 21st asking if I still wanted it!! :rolleyes:

My band have always had issues with the length of time JM take so send stuff through. We'll go straight to the publishers in future.

10. This thread caught my eye.

Yes, I have had problems in the past with Just Music. On more than one occasion sheet music has taken a long time to arrive, but I drew the line a while ago when, having been kept waiting for several weeks for an order, I was told that the price had gone up (if I remember correctly, by about 35%) and that I was expected to meet the difference.

I took the view that JM and I had a gentleman's agreement that I would pay the price advertised at the time I placed the order, but JM didn't concur, so I cancelled the order. It didn't do either of us any good - JM lost a sale, and after several weeks I still didn't have my music, but there was a principle involved - I don't like being gazumped!

I politely suggested that they ensure that the prices on their website were kept up to date, but the lady I spoke to felt that the responsibility lay with the individual publishers and not them, which I thought a rather strange approach to customer relations. This rather lax approach to business is also reflected in JM's advertising - in the current [May-July 2008] edition of The Brass Herald, JM are still advertising their 2005 catalogue (but you won't get stuff at 2005 prices!)

I appreciate the difficulties of running a small business, but one does have to attend to matters of customer service if one wants to keep their custom, in my opinion. Sadly, despite their extensive catalogue, I have stopped using them.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Justmusic
    anyone
    music
    Problems
    justmusicuk website
  12. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I must admit I've had problems with Just Music in the past though to be fair to them though the one time I waited for a piece for 8 weeks was because they had problems with their website, and most times they get stuff through fairly quickly. If it's any consolation I'm having the same problem with musicroom with a piece which has been on order for nearly a month now!.

Why in these days of high speed internet access can we not download music? much more efficient, better for the enviroment ( less paper, less fuel required to deliver and packaging ). I guess the old argument of "copywrite protection" comes in, but it does stop photocopiers at the moment...?

( just a thought )

13. I don't really understand why problems with their website should cause such a delay. I think most people still have a telephone!

14. woolly

woolly Member

I think I would mirror the experiences of most of the above, on most occasions the service has been excellent and the staff are always very helpful and courteous. That said delivery times have varied wildly. Also when placing orders for multiple items they always seem to be dispatched separately which obviously inclurs additional postage costs.

That said as an MD it is great to have Just music as they have never once let me down and I appreciate having a single source where I can obtain the music I need. Inspite of the odd hiccup long may they be in business.