Problems with forum?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by GJG, Mar 1, 2004.

1. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Is anyone else experiencing problems with pages not displaying immediately in tMP Forum?

Usually, clicking "refresh" will bring it up, but sometimes more than one "refresh" is needed, and sometimes I see a "Bad Request" message at the bottom of the screen.

Just wondered if this was a specific problem with my browser, or whether other users have noticed it............??

Thanks,

G.

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea I've had that several times

3. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Yeah I've had it too. Happened twice today! :roll: :lol:

4. shedophone

shedophone Member

Yeah i've found that a bit recently.

5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

OK, thanks.

Reassuring to know it's not just me!

G.

6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I get that too...but only one one computer! on my older, slower computer its fine on the new faster one I have many problems :? !!

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It's also a problem for me, and sometimes only half of the page will appear, again sorted by using "Refresh". I'd put it down to the slowness of my dial-up connection & computer, but it's good to find I'm not the only one :!:

8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

just as long as you remember it is the fault of your computer, as the forums are perfect in every way...

john, you can leave the money by the bin at the arndale centre....

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Cheers lynchie - £2.52p OK... :) I'll leave it in the usual place... :)

Hmmmm, seriously though... I have no ideas as to why this is happening to you guys and gals. Everything seems OK to me on both my Laptop and my PC in work this end. I am on dial-up right now and the pages all load OK... :?

My ISP is not reporting any issues their end either.

Can I ask for how long this has been happening please folks... ta!

John

10. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Only really noticed it happening in the last week or two John. Doesn't seem to happen on other websites I visit. Not really a problem though as the page always reloads after a couple of tries. :lol:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bad Request
    G
    tMP Forum
    browser
    pages
  12. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Only noticed it since about Thursday/Friday (? not sure) last week. I did automatically assume that it was a problem with my PC/Browser/ISP, until it dawned on me that it wasn't happening with any other website. Like Andrew says, more of a minor irritation than a real 'problem' :)

G.

13. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Haven't really noticed that much cos my computer does what it likes when it likes. But today i keep getting a security warning everytime i change to a different page or topic!

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've found it happening over several weeks, mainly with tMP but I also sometimes have to click on new sites a couple of times as I keep getting a message that the site I'm looking for cannot be found. Mind you, I've also got a temperamental mouse, which doesn't really help matters!

15. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Experiences such as have been described are usually down to network latency problems between the client machines and the target web site. While the tMP ISP may be experiencing no issues, the ISPs being used by the tMPers may have issues (or the interconnect they use may be playing up).

Half pages being displayed suggest the traffic from tMP may be being ditched en route back to the browser. Multiple refreshes may indicate the requests for a page are being ditched before they reach tMP.

Try talking to your own ISPs folks and see if they have any recorded faults around the time you experienced the problems (they'll probable blame BT for carrying out infrastructure work ;) )

16. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I've not had the same problems as other have mentioned, but I do find that the tMP page is wider than my screen so that I have to use the slider bar at the bottom to read from left to right fully. It used not to be the case and other web pages seem OK on my computer. I've discussed this with The Music Man and have not yet found a solution. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

17. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Brian

I have the same problem at home (with Windows 98 ) but not at work (NT). I assumed that this was the Windows 98 issue that John requested help for in another thread...

D

18. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Thanks, David, I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only one. I too have Windows 98.

19. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I had a lot of problems at lunchtime today, in the end I gave up and went for a walk! I just put it down to our pants network at work! At home, with broadband 8) everthing seems OK generally, but very occasionally the page hasn't loaded properly, but this is always solved by a quick "refresh"

20. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

yep. the blue bar a cross the top fits on but the rest doesn't, i have to scroll across to read anyones posts.

21. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

eh just change the resolution?! :?

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bad Request
    G
    tMP Forum
    browser
    pages