Private messages

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Columbo, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Columbo

Columbo Member

Please could someone tell me how to send a private mesage or reply as I'm struggling. Sorry if I've missed the obvious but I am new here!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Private messages
    private mesage
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

in the "quick links" menu on the top of every page, you can find a link to your private messages "inbox"
    on the left side of that page, you find links to "list messages" and "send new message"

you can also send a messgae to another user when you click on his username (above his avatar, on the left side of his post) and select "send private message to..."

when you are reading a message from someone else, there should be a "reply" button at the bottom.

Some more explanation can be found in the FAQ:
    http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_private_messages

4. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

To send a private message, left click on the user name of the person to whom you wish to send the message. A drop-down menu appears, left click on "send a private message to..." and a message box appears. To reply to a post, either use the "post reply" button below the poster's details (on the left of the screen) or the "quick reply" button to the right. If you wish to include a post in your reply, click the "quote post" button. If you wish to include several posts, click the "multiquote off" button for each of the posts you wish to include. Having done that for all the relevant posts, click "quote post" for the last post you've selected and all the posts you wish to include will appear in the message box. The message box behaves in a similar fashion to a word processor, in that you can cut, copy, paste, format text etc.

Have a search around and try a few things. You won't break anything (I hope ;) )

5. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Sorry, Jan, you beat me to it :oops:

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

That is indeed the way to reply to a topic on the forums
    What I described was how to reply to a private message from someone else to you.

like mr. Wherry said: Just try to make some posts. If you make a mistake, I'm sure one of the mods will notice and assist you in correcting it ;)

7. Columbo

Columbo Member

Thanks Guys, I appreciate that! I've got it now!