Printing issues

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by timbloke, Jun 7, 2004.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Not sure if this has been raised before, but recently I've tried to print off messages from my inbox only to have half of the message cut off because the printer prints the page as is seen not what is there, if you see what i mean?

is there any way of either...

1) setting my comp easily to print the whole lot without messing up the settings for printing from other websites, or needing to constantly change the setings each time i need to print?

2) setting up a "printer friendly version" of threads or messages. threads would be good if the bulk of colour and avatars and info on members was removed (other than their name, for example. But i'm mainly interested in the inbox messages.

cheers,

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

What I generally do if I want to print something off is simply copy the text I want and paste it onto a Word document, printing that instead. It doesn't take long, although you sometimes need to do a bit of tidying up of the text once you've copied it.

3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

What you could do is go to <File><Page Set Up> and change the orientation to Landscape. You will then get everything to fit on the page when you print it. This page set up will then remain like this for as long as you are in that web page session.

If you need to go to another web page whilst in tMP go to <File><New><Window> and open the web page in the new window. Your printer settings (in the new window) will revert to the original computer settings, whilst the tMP printer settings will remain as you set them.

I hope this makes sense and I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious.