Principal/solo cornet seeks band-North West

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Trumpet Major, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Hi All

Whilst playing with my current band (non contesting) I am also on the lookout for another band to join/have a blow with.
    I'm an ex army solo cornet player and generally hold principal seats at all levels however I would look at a solo cornet seat.
    Well attended rehearsals by a band are a must for me and in return I give superb commitment.
    I currently travel to leeds from cheshire for rehearsals so willing to travel within reason.

To read more about me please see www.trumpetmajor.co.uk

Thanks

Louise

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    North West Hi All Whilst
    Principal
    seats
    band
    blow with.
  3. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

Hi there Louise,
    Why not give us a try, Vernon Building Society Poynton Band are on the lookout for a committee 3rd man down, vacancy due to pregnancy.We have full rehearsals , a great following and sensible concert diary. Please drop me a line if you are interested.

:)

www.poyntonband.co.uk

4. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

Hi Louise

Tintwistle are a very welcoming and ambitious band who have well attended rehearsals, although we are lacking 2 or 3 cornets.

We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Principal Cornet and Soprano Cornet, so if you are interested in either position, give me a ring on 07930-165212 or 0114-288-3321 (evenings).

Regards

Ian Scott, MD

5. tojo

tojo Member

come for a blow at point of ayr , were currently looking for a front row cornet player for the pontins competition .

6. JPCoulson

JPCoulson Member

Hi,
    Skelmersdale Prize are looking for a principal cornet. We are 5 minutes from the M58/M6 junctions.
    More than welcome to come down and have a blow.

7. Flugelgeoff

Flugelgeoff Member

Hi Louise, would North Norfolk be too far!!!! Oh well in case you move this way Norfolk Wherry brass would make you extremely welcome
    Geoff ;)

8. essexgirl

essexgirl Member

Dear Louise

Sale Brass Band are a friendly contesting 4th section band, our main rehearsal night is Monday in Sale just off the M60.

Our MD is John Dickinson, (formerly Principal Trumpet at the Halle and Head of Brass at Chetham's School of Music). Under his direction, the band has come on enormously in the last 12 months.
    We do currently have a front row cornet vacancy and would welcome you to come down to meet us and have a blow. Our website is www.salebrass.co.uk . my number is 07970 718499

Best wishes

Soo Cook
    Repiano Cornet and Secretary
    Sale Brass Band

9. Rainford Band are in need of a front row cornet. We are just outside St. Helens. We are nationally 2nd section and locally 1st section. We rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays. You are more than welcome to come along.

10. hawkgreen

hawkgreen New Member

Or if you are looking for a 2nd man down seat, we are currently recruiting after our 2nd man down left for the marines! Hawk Green is a village on the outskirts of Stockport, its fairly easy to get to and the band our a lovely bunch!!

Drop me a line if you are interested!

Regards

11. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

Hi Louise .Its a bit dissapointing that you have'nt replied to any of the posts .I gave up posting once before on this site because of lack even an acknowledgement .

Dave

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    North West Hi All Whilst
    Principal
    seats
    band
    blow with.
  13. satchmo101

satchmo101 Member

Hi Louise,

Silk Brass are pretty near to you (1st section). or United Co-op 2000 (2nd)
    or United Co-op Crewe (champ). also there is Roberts Bakery band (Champ) in Sandbach.

Silk are a very friendly band and we do need front row cornet players.

cheers

14. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Dave,
    Theres always a critic huh? How on earth do you know that I haven't replied?

15. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Aw,c'mon Louise, us nosey parkers like to know whats going on as well as the bands concerned :D

16. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Hiya :)

I quite agree Steve, just didnt like the insinuation that I hadn't replied to anyone.
    Cheers

Lou :clap:

17. JPCoulson

JPCoulson Member

Sorry Louise but must agree with Dave, a simple reply would be nice, even if you have decided to go elsewhere. Bands wouldn't be offended but at least they would know. The same goes for private messaging.

18. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

I wasnt really bothered either way but its just nice to get a response.
    Cheers .
    :)