Principal not principle........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Simon Preshom, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

....if you are advertising for a new top man!

Oh, it's flugel, not flugle or flugal too/
  2. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

and is it Pedantic or Pedantry?

3. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

I agree. Its the principal of the thing isn't it!
  4. Brenda

Brenda Member

Weres the harddship inn cheking you're one speling (iff only sow you dont look like a div)?
  5. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Im glad I dont have to play a hard instrument to spell liek the Youfoneeum.
  6. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

Doesn't matter how I spell it, no-one ever applies to take over my seat on a permanent basis!
  7. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

Interesting, I remember a quote from you about Central London bands....Zone One claiming to be the only true Central London which you mentioned Regent Hall SA Band. In light of it being a recruitment advert, the Regent Hall comment was irrelevant at best....and yes, pedantic.
  8. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

Lol :D
  9. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Glad I am a full blown member of the Pedantry then.

Hate to feel left out of anything.

Its the Principal of the thing - heh
  10. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

As long as we don't start putting text speak into adverts for Ufoniums or 10er horns.
  11. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

c u r rite m8
  12. still learnin

still learnin Member

Mmh, and I seem to recall you putting me straight when I talked about "powerful scrummaging" from the English lady's rugby team without clarifying that I meant relative to other lady's rugby teams. You quickly jumped on the fact that in comparison to the fellas they weren't powerful at all. Pedantic you.....? :D
  13. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I refer the Honourable member to the answer I gave earlier @ 08.12.2010, 12:08

Oh and by the way - did you see the recent series of Internationals in the Mens Rugby?

Do you still claim that the Ladies performances compare favourably with those?;)
  14. still learnin

still learnin Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the recent series, some excellent stuff. But....... never meant to compare the ladies and men directly any more than I'd compare an entertaining schoolboy game with "relatively" powerful scrummaging to a club side. That was my downfall, I should have outlined the parameters on which I was basing my opinion before I made the point because there is a tendancy for some people on here to be a little pedantic.

It's sad but generally these days I avoid giving opinions on this forum as so many people that do seem to get a savaging, to one degree or another, by people who analyse avery detail looking for a flaw or poor logic in their argument. I've generally become a lurker, rarely logging on, watching other people argue over unimportant points. Still enjoy my rugby as played at every level though! Keep smiling. :tup