Principal cornet player seeks band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by MrBb, Sep 16, 2008.

1. MrBb

MrBb Member

Hi All,

Due to politics within my current band i've had no choice but to walk out as of last night and so i'm having to look for another band.

I'm 29 and been playing nearly 19 years, I've played top seat in the 2nd and 3rd section, and 3rd man down in the 1st section before commitments to work and home forced me to play in the 4th section.

I am looking for a band within 30 minutes travel of Rochdale, preferably a 4th section contesting band but will consider front row work in the 3rd section as long as the band understands my work commitments. Would also consider non conteting 4th section band if the atmosphere / social life is right.

hope to hear from you all soon

2. tat

tat Member

Your more than welcome up at whit'oth. A player with work commiments is better than an empty seat.

3. Hi Andy,

Feel free to come down to Eccles. We're in need of front row cornet players for the contest season and we're very understanding when it comes to work commitments and the like.

We rehearse on a Tuesday and Thursday in Eccles Centre and we have a fairly decent social aspect within the band. If you fancy coming down for a nosey you can either contact myself on 07917519191 or our MD Les Webb on 07740864676.

Graham Ebbrell
  4. samandy

samandy Member

Looking for a cornet player

Hi there

Elland Silver Band have vacancies for a solo cornet player, we are very close to J24 of the M62, probably 30-40 mins away from Rochdale up the motorway. It might be further than you are looking for but you are welcome to come along to a rehearsal until you find what you are looking for.

Rehearsals Monday, Thursday 7.45pm - 9.45pm.

PM for futher information. Thanks
  5. JPCoulson

JPCoulson Member

Skelmersdale Prize Band are looking for a principal/front row cornet player.
    We are a 2nd section locally/3 rd section national band.
    We are less than 5 mins from the M58, junction 4.
    We are a friendly band who appreciate that players have a job/life outside banding!!
    We rehearse monday and thursday evenings in our own comfortable bandroom and enjoy a drink afterwards in our own bar.
    If we interest you call me, JP, on 07950839123 or visit our own web-site
  6. MrBb

MrBb Member

Hi Everyone again,

Just to say thanks to all the reply's i've had both on here and via private message. I will certinally come down to at least 1 rehersal with every band that replied to get a feel for the band. I'll get in touch with each and every one of you separatly to arange when i can come down for a blow, with the exception of Skelmersdale Prize Band, sorry JP it's a bit of a treck and after i've driven to gloucester and back in a day the last thing i want its another motorway journey ;) but i really appreciate the offer.

If there are any others in the vacinity feel free to get intouch as it woan't be a quick decision.

thanks everyone

7. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

WYFRS Band

Hiya Andy
    Perhaps you would come for a blow with us. Try something very different just 30 minutes from yourself.
    Here is some info for you and I really hope that you will consider us.

The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service ( based just outside Leeds/Bradford in Birkenshaw currently have a vacancy for a tutti cornet player (junc 26/M62)

We are a concert band with full sections throughout the band, superb attendance and commitment to rehearsals and concerts and we have a full year of concerts ahead.

As a service type band, we also do some ceremonial work which may be of interest you as something a little different.

Last year we undertook a tour of Ypres where we took the main part in the remembrance ceremonies at the Menin Gate. This was a fantastic tour both socially and musically and gave the band a chance to take part in this very important ceremony.

This year, we had a 4 day Poland visit where we visited Lubartow, hosted by the fire service band over there. Next year sees us back in Ypres.

Currently, we are in the process of forming a dance band as well already having established brass and woodwind quintets so the opportunities to expand your musical horizons are limitless really.

We have recently recorded a new CD and have plans to record a further one.

Socially, we attend the pub after rehearsals of course and also have a number of social functions throughout the year.The band never need an excuse to party but every month seems to bring a birthday and a party and its all good fun.

The band is happy to encourage and welcome back those who may be getting back into playing.
    Anyone is of course welcome to come along for a blow and have a look at us. If you want to have a listen, then please go to our website and follow the links to the band CD and you can listen to excerpts. You can even buy a CD there !

If anyone requires any further information, please feel free to PM me, call me on 07972 403802 or email me at

Otherwise, please take a look at our website

Any other players also most welcome!

We look forward to hearing from you

8. MrBb

MrBb Member

Hi All,

Would just like to say a big thank you to all the people that replied on here, i did manage to get round quite a few of you i know in the last couple of weeks, and an even bigger thank you to all the bands that offered me a permenat seat.

Just so you all know i'm now sorted for a band and i'm actually back motiviated and determined again which is something i've been really lacking in the last few months and really looking forward to St Helen's contest in november.

thanks again

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Good to hear you're settled. Who did you eventually join?