Principal Cornet needed now

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Chris Kirk, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Welwyn Garden City urgently require a Principal Cornet for the Senior Cup at Blackpool. Test piece is Connotations.

If you are interested then contact me at

Or go to for further contacts

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I would if I lived a bit nearer Chris, ...................

go on and join this great band who were a tad unlucky not to be in the first 3 yesterday!!
  3. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Come on!

Blackpool is only a few weeks away, our top man has left as he is moving back to the valleys.

We need a top class cornet player for this contest. Of course it will be subject to an audition. If you live in London or Herts/Beds/Middlesex we can help with transport.

We are a friendly bunch just ask bbcbari and this is going to be a great weekend away.
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Don't forget the lure of Dave Jones, resident conductor (former sop with GUS during their hey day) and professional advisor Rod Franks (LSO, Dyke, etc...).

If I were a good cornet player, that would be quite an attraction. In fact, not being a cornet player at all it is still fantastic!
  5. Richard_Brigg

Richard_Brigg Member

what section is the band - top? and where are you based?
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Championship Section Band (somewhere in the 130s in the latest 4BR world rankings) in the London and Southern Counties Area (we finished a respecable 5th this March).

Welwyn Garden City is off of the A1, north of the M25 (by London).

Hope that helps.