Princesses

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Sep 28, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Last night I took my own little Princess Badger to see Disney Princesses On Ice at the MEN arena.
    Oh boy... I can safely say I have never seen such an cynical exercise in marketing in my life. Every conceivable princess related toy made out of pink flashing plastic was on display and I ended up buying a flashing wand for £11. You can get them in Woolies for £2.
    Needless to say LittleBabyBadger loved every minute and it was worth every penny to see her entranced little face when Sebastian the Crab fell over. Or was that my face...
    BMB
    xx

2. rutty

rutty Active Member

I took my nieces to something similar in Toronto Christmas before last - I think it was the Princesses one. Either way, I <expletive> hate Disney on ice, but the girls loved it. It's exploitative, it's expensive and not geared towards heterosexual "mid" 30s males such as myself.

Good for small girls, if not their mums

3. bigmamabadger

Thankfully for EvilDaddyBadger there was a bar. He just got drunk all night. Had I not been driving I might have been tempted to do the same.
    BMB
    xx

4. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

I would suggest that a "heterosexual "mid" 30s male such as myself" would not expect Disney on Ice to be geared towards him.

I watch the nonsense telly my four year old watches, but I do not complain that it is not geared for me. Apart from Kimi's mum in Rugrats, she's a babe.

5. bigmamabadger

But not as much as Sportacus...:D
    BMB
    xx

6. rutty

rutty Active Member

You can blame my ex-wife for my unreasonable expectations ;)

7. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

We took our son to see the Fireman Sam show in Wolverhampton...brill for the kids...mind numbingly depressingly bad for adults....god...you are counting the minutes...and the merchandise is overly expensive tat (which you HAVE to buy or else you are a bad mummy)...

Still...at least its a nice memory for them eh?

8. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

He is loaded BMB. Not only does he star in Lazytown, he writes it, produces it, directs it, created it and lordy knows what else.

Too. Much. Time. On. My. Hands.

9. I remember taking my son (then aged 2 1/2) to see Postman Pat at the Derngate in Northampton. He was so excited & had been talking about it non stop for days. We sat in the centre about 8 rows back from the stage. As soon as the curtain came up & the "stars" appeared he started to scream "I don't like it, I want to go home". I told him he would have to wait for the break, so he shouted even louder "I want a wee wee NOW"! I duly picked him up, fought my way through the audience & out to the toilets. He then refused to go back into the theatre but sat in the foyer where he happily watched the rest of the show on the TV monitor!
    The joys of parenthood.......... (& now he's 20 I like to remind him of all these incidents!!)

10. bigmamabadger

Far too much time.
    The only downside I can see to Sportacus is that he's Icelandic...
    BMB
    xx

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Badger
    Disney Princesses On Ice
    LittleBabyBadger
    Crab
    face