Previous Principal cornet at Brighouse

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by kiwiinoz, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Hi there. Just going thru You tube and came across plenty of renditions of Ravenswood. Can someone tell me who was the top cornet in 2008 with the band?? Youngish looking chap with a full head of dark hair, unlikely to be Mr Lingard!! IF someone knows, can they tell me where he went to play after Brighouse???????
    What a band they are, unlucky to miss the triple this weekend. Fodens must have been awesome to beat them..........:cool:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Principal
    Brighouse Hi
    Lingard
    You tube
    Ravenswood
  3. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

That is Stephen Wilkinson, last seen playing Flugel with Reg Vardy I think. He's on here somewhere.....

4. T Winch

T Winch Member

Currently principal cornet at Felling

5. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

and a thoroughly nice chap to take the time to reply to a message I sent him. Has the most wonderful sound. His playing in Ravenswood is wonderful with B&R. You are lucky to have him in your band!
    regards

6. tallyman

tallyman Member

Who played principal cornet with B&R at this years yorkshire area?? He was a great player, bald head and dark glasses I was told he is a full time member but he is not listed on their website.......anyone know ??

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

According to the 4barsrest write-up it was Leon Renilson.

8. tallyman

tallyman Member

Thanks Peter, does this mean Leon Renilson is the new principal cornet of B&R ?? The soprano player of B&R publicly announced on another thread that he was a full time member but the web site says Stuart Lingard can anyone confirm ??

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I should imagine no announcement will be made until the pending court case has been resolved.

10. owain_s

owain_s Member

Why? They wouldn't need to comment on the court case to announce a change of personnel, assuming it has changed/does change.

11. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

I would imagine that, if they sacked him because of the court case, and he was subsequently found innocent, then they'd be in trouble for jumping the gun.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Principal
    Brighouse Hi
    Lingard
    You tube
    Ravenswood
  13. owain_s

owain_s Member

In trouble with whom? Unless a person is an employee, they can be 'sacked' without notice, for any reason or for none at all. About the only thing limiting that is equality legislation, and that wouldn't have any relevance in this case.

14. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

I was assuming he is an employee, in which case he would have employment rights just like anyone else And could not be summarily dismissed without the employer first proving breach of contract or gross misconduct...which would be hard to do whilst a criminal proceeding is on going.

15. owain_s

owain_s Member

It's far more likely that any payments to him would have been as a self-employed freelancer.

16. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Why do people keep falling for the anonymous trolls? This thread was clearly dug up with one purpose, stirring ****.

17. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Agreed ~ The whole intention of the thread was to open a can of worms and dish the dirt before anybody has been proved guilty of anything. The thread is malicious and should be closed as sub judice. The website could be laying itself open to legal action if it goes any further ~ Mods please note.

~ Mr Wilx

18. owain_s

owain_s Member

Sure, there's people wanting to stir up ****. However, there's nothing malicious or illegal about discussing facts: at the moment, B&R's website still lists Lingard as their principal cornet, and given the circumstances, it's reasonable for people to wonder if this is still the case, if he's taking time out from the band, or if he's been sacked.

19. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

What's it to you one way or the other ? Forget it and do something else. There's nothing to be gained from this.
    I'm out of this thread now.

~ Mr Wilx

20. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

From 4BR in 2013:
    "Brighouse & Rastrick has appointed Stuart Lingard as the first Professional Business Development/Band Manager in their 132 year history.

Stuart has also held the position of Principal Cornet since 2010, and was chosen after a 3 month selection process which saw over 30 internal and external applications for the role.

Responsibilities

The responsibilities include managing and enhancing the band’s engagement diary, developing innovative collaborations, partnerships and overseeing community impact projects, as well as overseeing their various day to day functions, investments and property management requirements."

I believe that would make him an employee. I also think this subject is a valid story of interest to the banding community since it serves as a tale of caution to all involved in teaching. Everyone just needs to make sure to stick to facts in discussing it.

21. Mr N N Fixer

Mr N N Fixer Member

Well said Mr Wilx, obviously an attempt to stir thes++t pot by a well known troll.
    Time will tell, and IMO Mr Lingard is innocent until proved otherwise.
    Bye bye for now
    Mr Fixer.