Preston Contest Results

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by WoodenFlugel, Feb 6, 2005.

1. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

I was helping Llanrug and we played Comedy Overture.

2. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Bring on the BOC mints. They look fabtastic on my mantlepiece.

3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I can't believe i missed out on BOC mints! :frown: maybe I will have to make sure I get around to visiting the trade stalls before they close. We didn't play till just after 4 so my the time I had had a drink (or 2..) all the stalls were shutting. I missed AndyCat as well! DOH

4. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

our Youth band played Summer Fantasy by Kees Schoonbeek (or summat like that) no1 i talk 2 knows the piece, but its 1 iv played many times over the years!

As sum1 sed, we played Variations on an Enigma. me and pete on solo horn mustv played a bit too hard on the last note cos wen we finished we both nearly fainted! Ooops! Congrats to Jamie Ogden from our band on winning soloist prize! i told him he would but he dint believe me!

5. becks164

becks164 Member

we didnt play as good as i thought we could play and kate the horn would say the same maybe but hey we gave it our best shot!! well done barton lol

6. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

BMB lies, she forgot her wings!!

and beck is right, we didn't play terrible, ubt we can do a lot better!

come on barnton!!

:D

kel x

7. Edwarrdz

Edwarrdz New Member

Well Done to The Oldham Band (Lees)

Nice to see them back on the scene after a prolonged abscence!

Off to winning ways too, lets hope they continue at The Winter Gardens!!

I wish I was in ?______?

8. The Wizard

The Wizard Member

Congrats to Poulton le Fylde Band on their 5th place in the top section. Well deserved. All the best for the area.

Steve Hartley

9. blueorange

blueorange Member

Well done Oldham Band (Lees). :clap:

Bring on Blackpool!!

10. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

I agree, it is a great test and one of my favourite SA pieces of music. My comment was intended as an explanation of why it is a short piece by normal test piece standards.

11. vonny

vonny Member

May I take this opportunity to congratulate members of The Middleton Band, on gaining 3rd place... 'Purcell Variations' is by far a difficult piece to play - well done!!!

Yvonne
    solo cornet
    Eccles Borough Band

12. Bazza

Bazza Member

thankyou, thats really nice of you, it definately is a really hard piece to play but we made a good job of it and didnt show ourselves up at all!! we like a challenge!! bring on Tam O'Shanters Ride! Blackpool here we come!! lets hope we can do aswell on that!