Preston Brass at the Guild 2007

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by les, Jan 10, 2007.

1. les

les Member

Has anyone heard or seen the line up for this contest yet?

Our band know where we are drawn, but have no clue as to how many bands are competing or who we are pitched against.

Les Webb
    MD Ecclesborugh Band
  2. ashwortdn

ashwortdn Member

Oldham Are There Trying To Regain The Trophy For The Hat-trick
  3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Flixton are there
  4. NAS

NAS Member

Rainford will be there:)
  5. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Hatfield will be there.
  6. andyp

andyp Active Member

Eccleston will be there.
  7. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Freckleton and Blackburn and Darwen are there.
  8. rebecca

rebecca Member

I think we (Menai Bridge) are going or at least I hope we are, but I have no idea what the line up is.
  9. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

i think we are there

i should pay more attention at band!
  10. Gaz W

Gaz W New Member

Dearham are there
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

Woooo, go Freck :p
  12. les

les Member

No news yet?

Would have thought there would be some information by now:-?
  13. MattB

MattB Member

Littleborough are there.
  14. andyp

andyp Active Member

4br hasn't been updated for a few days, may well come up when it does.
  15. ashwortdn

ashwortdn Member

According to the link on 4BR for the brass at the guild the closing date for enteries is the 20th january, even though we have our draw, so we possilbly wont find out the runners and riders till after then.
  16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Blackley are going in the 4th section :D

Hoping for a good result and also hoping I don't get as drunk as last year!!!

P.S. Mods maybe this thread should be moved to the adjudicators section?
  17. les

les Member

Lack of information for the Brass at the Guild

Confusion rules ok...

According to Derek, the organiser of this contest, 4barsrest have all the information about this contest, but the posting on 4barsrest states, contact Derek for more info.

Last year these details were released with a full list of bands at least 3 weeks before.

Is a list of bands going to be produced anywhere before the day of the contest does anyone know????
  18. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Delph Band are there
  19. From 4br

There has been a bumper entry for the forthcoming Brass at the Guild Hall Contest in a couple of weeks time.

The organisers of the Brass at the Guild Hall Contest report to 4BR that they have received another bumper entry for the contest which is becoming the most popular in the North West. It all takes place on Sunday 4th February.

Supported by Lancashire Contests and the Guild Hall with the Youth Section supported by Brian Halliwell this year see 56 bands in five sections.

Sections 3 & 4 start the day at 9.30am with Section 3 in the Grand Hall and Section 4 in the Charter Theatre.

In the Grand Hall the Third section with 14 bands is followed by the Championship which has 16 at around 1pm.

In the Charter Theatre the Fourth Section which has attracted 8 band will be followed by the 5 bands of the Youth Section and concludes with the Second Section's 13 contenders.

Increased prize fund

This year sees the prize awards increase by £1000 to a total of £7000, with prizes to the top three bands of £700, £400, £300.

Once again the Colin & Alan Rowson scholarships will be awarded to the best Cornet & Trombone in the Youth Section.

Adjudicators are James Scott (Championship), Roy Sparkes (3rd & 2nd) and Trevor Halliwell (4th & Youth).

The Contest is administered by North West Counties Brass Bands Association and an excellent Trade Exhibition can be found in the Grand Foyer.
  20. les

les Member

Line up for Preston Brass at the Guild top/second

Top Section:

Alliance Brass
    Bactigaurd Wire Brass
    Blackpool Brass
    Blackburn & Darwen
    Derwent Brass

Hade Edge

Pemberton Old Wigan JJB
    Poulton le Fylde