Prestige Tenor Horn

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Despot

Despot Member

Will there be a Prestige Tenor Horn on the market does anyone know? A friend of mine just asked, think he might be buying a new tenor horn soon.

Any other recommendations? I know he hates the short leadpipe on the Besson sov.s!

2. asteria

asteria Member

Well the Prestige horn is 'in the pipeline' so to speak, but looks like it's quite a way off production stage. Last i heard was 6 prototypes had been made and were in development stage. That was last August but i doubt it's got much further than that.

It could be a lonnng wait! :roll:

3. Di

Di Active Member

4. Doesn't Leslie Howie have one?

5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

nope its just a sov with gold plated inside bell

6. Aha! I thought she did because of the black valvey thingys she had when she tutored the NYBBW 2 years ago.

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

its all show ;)
    just makes the horns match the euphs and cornets in dyke i spose :p

8. Bahahah. so true.

9. horn1

horn1 Member

Does anyone know if there's been any progress on the prestige horns? I'm going to be looking for a new instrument soon and I'd like to have a look at the prestige.

10. mr.forde

mr.forde Member

i play a soverain tenor horn it has a good sound and is well build for intermedets and proffesinals alike. if you are a begginner who wants a good tenor dont buy a Jupiter go and get yorself a Yamaha these are a bit dearer but produce a much better sound.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    Prestige
    Prestige Tenor Horn
    Besson sov.
    Prestige Tenor