Prestige Promotions, are they the team ?.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by The Godfather, Apr 14, 2014.

1. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

I read an interesting article in BBW about this outfit. I hav'nt come across them before, and am surprised that there is a market for this sort of operation, particularly as Phil Biggs is undoubtedly the man most of us would defer to for brass band events on the 'grander' scale of things, and very good at it he is in my opinion. Even more surprised to hear over the weekend that the marketing manager of Prestige has quit. This is of course hearsay, but obviously things move very fast in the promotions world. My outfit is planning a really big event to raise funds and has the backing of a merchant bank. Advice required please, had feedback from a couple of SA contacts, so any info would be welcome. Who would you go with? PM me if required.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Prestige
    SA
    Prestige Promotions
    Phil Biggs
    BBW
  3. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

Thanks to those who PM'd me on this, you advice and comments are appreciated.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.

4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I see that Prestige Promotions has ceased trading. I trust the brass band press will be asking some pretty tough questions about this company and what led to its failure....or not, as usual!

5. James Yelland

I have just noticed an earlier report by 4BR asking just the sort of questions I would expect. I stand corrected!

6. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

I managed to avoid embarasment and near disaster a few weeks ago, and all thanks to friends advice via TMP. I owe those who advised me to tread carefully a debt of gratitude.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.

7. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

Having had a very narrow escape, thanks to friends old and new, it appears,(and this is hearsay) that some involved with that particular organisation are of dubious repute. Some of whom were referred to as having had more jobs than Argentina has had presidents!.
    My sympathies lie with those of our movement who fell into the trap. I doubt that any monies will be forthcoming from people such as these.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.

8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I note the number of newly registered companies with remarkably similar names, and look forward the "phoenix" arising from the flames having shed all of its inconvenient debts to various bands, choirs and HMRC.

Or am I just being cynical as a result of 18 years in the print industry...?

9. James Yelland

But who were they? 4BR names one Christine Wilson, whose name I do not recognise, but nobody else. I myself was surprised earlier this year when this company seemed to 'rise without trace', but every company has to start somewhere. Although I did think it rather unprofessional when I noticed that public reviews of some of their events were being penned by members of the company itself without any declaration of commercial interest.

Perhaps 4BR will pursue the matter further by getting Prestige's side of the story, in the manner of all good journalists.....

10. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

Flush out the prestige motions you mean?

I have had a bit of a google and there seem to be links to both the SA and (more bizarrely) the NHS.

The marketing manager was named and quoted recently re the launch of the new Prestige (Pro) Motions band.

As Jim says all the published concert reviews seem to have been written by those within the organisation.

Bob Sherlock

11. Anno Draconis

Christine Lorraine Wilson is/was the only Director of Prestige Promotions (UK) Ltd, formed on 13 June 2013 and subject to an application to strike off the Companies House Register in the first week of this month. She is also the only Director of four similarly named companies (Prestige Promotions DA, Prestige Promotions Entertainment, Prestige Promotions AV and Prestige Promotions SLO) all formed on either 22 or 23 April this year. The original formation address of all of these appears to be the same as the NM Print listed on the Prestige website as a "partner". I can't find any record of NM Print as a limited company, so I assume that's a trading name or a partnership.

The print industry has a long and dishonourable history of companies going into administration owing a pile of money, only for creditors to find that all the assets of the original business have been snapped up from the administrator at a fire sale price 24 hours later by the original owners operating under a new (but similar-sounding) company launched a couple of weeks before the administration, thereby keeping the assets, customers and order book but dumping the debt. Hence my cynicism on this one...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Prestige
    SA
    Prestige Promotions
    Phil Biggs
    BBW
  13. Rob

Rob Member

Not sure why you're looking for all this, but the company which is NM Print is Companies House number 6093068.

14. Anno Draconis

Nosiness, pure and simple. And a slack day in work.

On the face of it, no relation to PP(UK) other than neighbours. Thanks for the help :)

15. Rob

Rob Member

No probs :) Not sure if you saw, but NM Print's online brochure states that NM Print is a trading name (as you guessed) of NM Creations - http://nmprint.co.uk/1273/about-us on the last page.

16. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

I am informed, and I believe the source to be reliable, that the SA had officially warned-off all their churches/outlets to have 'naught to do' with said company.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.

17. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

This is a fairly common practice Mr Baker, and not exclusive to the printing industry. It is legal, but not honorable. It's not just the banking world that is full of slippery customers. I think if you look further you may find that Christine Wilson is just the Patsy who is fronting this set-up, and someone with a questionable business track record lurks like a reluctant t++d in the corporate U-bend of this particular pipe.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.

18. loulou

loulou New Member

The silent partner where the problem lies is Grahame Whitehead. Google him and you will understand why he is being kept secret.

19. James Yelland

Very interesting indeed, not least because, if true, he should still be serving a jail sentence of 10 years which was handed down in 2010. But then, we do have a rather lax attitude towards criminals serving their sentences in the UK.

Anyone wanting to google him better do so quickly in case he invokes his 'right to be forgotten' and has all online references to him removed.

20. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

This is very interesting LouLou. Are you certain that this fellow is involved? I appreciate that you may not wish to comment openly, but any information which you can forward will be put to good use. If you are able to help in this matter please feel free to PM me. It is surprising that some who joined Prestige Promotions are deeply involved in the SA, or so I am led to believe. One would expect word of his activities to have reached their ears thereby saving them both embarrassment and misery. Still they do say there's one born every minute.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.

21. loulou

loulou New Member

The information is true I was made aware at a recent concert that he was her partner. He is still booking venues for David Alacey of the Rat Pack and Chris Dean of Syd Lawrence Orchestra I have been informed by a reliable source and states he is in partnership with someone else.

22. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

Thank you for this information.
    CIAO,
    CORLEONE.