Prestige Euphonium

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by Seedhouse, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Just wondered whether anyone had any experience in using the Besson Prestige Euphonium, what their general view on the instrument was, any problems etc?

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

my brother carl has......... I will talk to him!
    BTW your avatar is the same as Miss T's :wink:

3. euphemism

euphemism Member

Hi - think we met briefly in Windblowers when I was after some valve guides - got the right ones from Normans in the end.....

Well the prestige - nice instrument - I think it gives me a richer sound - its a Besson - so there are imperfections - you have to watch tuning on top F's and G's (4th valve normally sorts this one out for long notes anyhow)...bit of plating - mine is a lacquered model....

I understand that they took the best instruments in the sovereign process and turned them into prestige - using Steven Mead as the tester - so they are really a 'best' sovereign....

Tuning slide is a little unusual - but you can get used to it....also there is no lyre holder - apparently its a solosts instrument....bit daft really - but there you go

If you want to have a blow let me know - I'm happy to oblige

Mine is a couple of years old - now that production has switched abroad it may be a different kettle of fish..

4. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Firstly in answer to Satcho's post all i'm gonna say is: :( :? :oops: What r u implying?! LOL! Your scaring me!
    and in response to Euphemism- sorry bout babbling on when you came into Windblowers, I am just REALLY frustrated about how long my Prestige is taking. :( :cry: Steven Mead said he'd check it was a good one though, so i'm just trying to be patient now. :) I met him a month ago, he did a recital and masterclass at Huddersfield Uni- it was wicked, such a nice chap and an awesome player! He also remembers me because I order so much stuff off him- Cd's and music :oops: :D He says I have a great attitude toward playing and that it'll reward me during my development as a player, he's really inspired and encouraged me to carry on working hard and be the best on the Euph as possible. I have lessons with an amazing teacher called Trevor Groom, and he's a really great player and an amazingly nice chap as well. :D I really enjoy playing Euph so much- i'm hoping to carry it on as a career- if i can get good enough (which i want to!)! :roll:
    Sorry, i've babbled on again (incredibly long post!)! Got to stop doing that! :oops:

5. euphemism

euphemism Member

Nah - its not babbling - if you enjoy playing then great......

keep up the work... it can only do you good

6. SammyT

SammyT Member

Well... you also have another great teacher remember :D , fancy using the same picture as me!!!!!!!! :?