Prestige Euph Lyre?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by agentorange, Apr 20, 2009.

1. agentorange

agentorange Member

Does anyone know whether there is a 'clip on' Lyre available that i can use on my Prestige Euph?

As many of you will know, the Pestige doesn't have a lyre box and I don't really want to have one fitted if i can help it. Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

regards,

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euph Lyre
    Lyre
    Euph
    Pestige
    lyre box
  3. Bones

Bones Member

Speak to Shawn Pagington at First Brass, he has somethings like that in.

Cheers

Rich

4. Eddy1234567

Eddy1234567 Member

I just recently bought the new prestige euph and what came with mine was a screw on clip with a lyre box attatched. I was impressed it was included until i found out it did not fit anywhwere on my euph haha. But speaking to Glynn Williams he suggested i had one fitted by him which would be top quality and would look like it came out of the factory. Like you i dont really want one fitted but with Whit walks i suppose it may be the only way as there seems to be no alternative :(

5. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

You could always get a Trombone Lyre that clips onto the Mouthpiece?

6. Despot

Despot Member

Thomann have the clip on lyre box in a number of sizes, perhaps they have one that will fit better?

We had a lyre box fitted to a euph and it just didn't stay on. All we got in the end was a big grey patch on the euph and still no lyre box.

I just leave my prestige at home, and borrow one of the band's spare sov's, but I suppose everyone doesn't have that option!

7. Toni2

Toni2 Member

Hi Neil,

I had one from a company on isle of man (i think - one of the isles anyway!)
    It was a flute/piccolo lyre that fitted around the 1st valve slide pipe. I had to pad it out a bit with a bit of cotton wool but otherwise it was great! Then you can fit your actual lyre stand easier that if you got a clip on one. I'll try and find you a link to the page.
    Otherwise getting on soldered on is a good idea - I've got a modified sov with a trigger now and a lyre box has been fitted onto 1st valve slide. Looks ok and does the job too!

Toni x

8. Toni2

Toni2 Member

These aren't the same as what I had - but some potentials on here!
    Mine was literally like a washer/ring with a hinge that had a lyre box attached. I know what I mean but can't describe it very well!

http://www.bill-lewington.com/lewington/lyres.htm

9. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Seriously, the trombone lyre on there will do you, clips onto the mouthpiece and goes out in a straight line. No need for a lyre box be it clip on or soldered.

Also, with Bill Lewington, they only do wholesale so you have to order it through a shop that they have a contract with and hope that they can put it with another order so that they don't charge you for carriage.

10. agentorange

agentorange Member

Thanks for the replies. I've managed to source a clip on lyre box which i'll be testing when it arrives. HB, i tried the trombone lyre option, it does work but it feels just a little close to my face for comfort - i feel like i'm going cross eyed. It's a useful standby though if the clip on box turns out to be useless.

Thanks once again.