Prestige Cornet cases

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by imthemaddude, Nov 24, 2003.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Well they are great for travelling with but why on earth do they not hold a cup mute???? and as 'top cornet model' surely a lot of cornet players have three mutes? not to mention a practice mute? grrrrrrrrr anyone else find this a prob?
  2. Dolly

Dolly Member

:evil: YES grrrrrrrrr how annoying is it? I can fit my cup and straight in and thats it, and thats only because I have a metal Denis Wick cup that comes apart. Are they not aware that tin mutes and harmons are generally required?
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

hurray! glad someone agrees at £202.50 you would expect it an inch bigger!!!! :lol:
  4. leisa

leisa Active Member

it is slightly annoyin i always have to take mine apart
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Your cornet case or the mute :?: :wink: :lol:
  6. leisa

leisa Active Member

the case hehe....nah that falls apart all by itself :wink:
  7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

right.. I call for inflatable cup mutes, and hinged collapsable harmons.

there's nothing wrong with the case - it's the mutes that are wrong.
  8. KennyC

KennyC Member

With careful placement I can get 5 mutes in mine.

Humes and Berg Harmon goes in first, followed by fibre straight along the base, next the tin above the fibre at an angle and that leaves room for the Humes and Berg Cup above the other two.

Finally, the SSSssssssssshhhhhhh practice mute goes in the groove next to the mouthpipe on the cornet. Simple.

In order to save you buying a bigger case at more than £202.50, I will happily give anyone lessons in putting mutes away at £101.25 each!

9. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

........and the cornet goes in the gig bag! :lol:

10. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Are you saying there's a case that fits everything in it somewhere?????????? :p

this I wanna see!!!
  11. fluk

fluk New Member

the prestige

have they (bessons) started making a new case-I can get a H&B harmon, a H&B cup & metal straight (the one with the copper bottom) in easily. The oil pot then sqeezes into a corner.
    My glasses, pencil (the one the band share) tuning fork, highlighter and wifes horn music pad all fit in the flappy side pocket & any music I've taken home to practice slips into the other side pocket.
    I then carry the case over my shoulder which leaves 2 hands free to open the next bottle of beer.
    What more can a lad want?