Press Release - Stourport-on-Severn

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by snapey, Oct 28, 2004.

1. snapey

snapey New Member

Press release from Stourport-on-Severn Band:

David Maplestone has resigned from his position as Musical Director of Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band with effect from Christmas. The band would like to take the opportunity to thank David for the commitment he has shown us over his six years in charge and for the huge improvements he has helped us make in that time. During the last six years David has taken the band to contest victories at Rhyl, Wychavon and Leamington (twice) and gained promotion to the second section for 2002. David has since inspired us to reach the National Finals twice in succession. Speaking about his decision, David said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Stourport, the hardest working band I have conducted but I feel the time is right for a change, for myself and for the band."

As a result, the band will be looking for a new conductor and would like to begin auditions after Pontins with a view to the successful applicant starting in January. Anyone interested in applying for the position should contact Richard on 07869212569 or email

Richard Snape,
    Band Manager
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Will Stourport-on-Severn Band now be graded in the 1st section after two consecutive National Finals?
  3. snapey

snapey New Member

No, we will be the top ranked second section band in the Midlands for next year.