Premru Concerto for 3 Trombones + Tuba

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by big_benthomson, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I'm looking for any information, recordings, publishers, anything at all on Raymond Premru's 'Concerto for 3 Trombones, Tuba and Orchestra' (at least I think its a concerto!!!) Might be called 'Music for 3 Trombones, Tuba and Orchestra'.

Possibly premiered by Philadelphia Orchestra with Glenn Dodson, David Read (Tenors), Charles Vernon (Bass) and Paul Krzywicki (Tuba).
    Or possibly Philharmonia Orchestra with Peter Bassano (Tenor) and Riccardo Muti conducting.
    That seems to be all I can find, so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    BT

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    all
    anything
    concerto
    least
    Tenor
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Entitled simply "Music for three trombones, tuba and orchestra" it was premiered with the Philharmonia Orchestra under Riccardo Muti at the Royal Festival Hall in 1983.

Edit: The Philadelphia performance took place in 1985, players as listed above, in a concert which also included Bruckner's 1st Symphony and a Handel folute concerto.

The New York Times critic didn't seem particularly impressed, damning the music with faint praise: "The overall idiom is conservative-modernist, skillfully handled and unobjectionable - unless unimportant music occupying the attention of a major conductor and orchestra seems itself objectionable."

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006