Premiership Football Manager-Brass Band Conductor

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

If you had to imagine a Premiership Football Manager ,who would you have conducting your band .
    And why?
    I would go for the Obvious choice myself
    Rafa Benitez Of Liverpool;The reason been he as been there now 2 seasons and as won 3 trophies equivlant of the Brass Band European Championships,The National Finals&A Entertaimnent Contest these been
    The Champions Leauge,The FA Cup Final &Charity Shield.
    Also he as made some good signings and i think as a good understanding of players and what they are capable of doing.
    He is contantly giving orders to the team and would make a very good conductor of a Brass Band.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Premiership
    myselfRafa Benitez
    Obvious
    Liverpool
    The National Finals&A Entertaimnent Contest
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I wouldn't haver any premiership manager conducting any band cos how the hell would that make them good at music just cos they are good at managing a football team?

Winning an FA cup means you can tell if your horn section is out of tune? Giving good interpretation of a piece only comes about by winning the European Cup????

What a silly question? Still any chance to plug Liverpool eh?

4. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

If you had to imagine a Premiership Football Manager ,who would you have conducting your band .

It is a bit random :hammer and it would appear that you've only chosen Liverpool cos you support them. Alex Ferguson has a better and longer record showing loyality too!

5. EuphStar

EuphStar New Member

How bizarre. Do you think Rafa would be able to understand strong Yorkshire accents etc?!

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Look at it this way, how many bands would love an Abramovich-type to come swanning in with a good sponsorship deal?

7. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

He'd get the compere's prize at the French Open though.

Also imagine: Arsene Wenger as adjudicator - "I didn't hear that wrong note and didn't see the alleged use of a Bb cornet on the difficult Sop part";)

8. Cornishwomble

Lots of us would but that doesn't mean that him bringing a Mourinho type football manager with him would make you win the areas!

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Exactly - particulalrly if, like Mourinho packs his team with midfielders, this new 'manager' packs his band with baritones!

10. Cornishwomble

Or even worse, get his principle players to take a dive off of their seats during a solo!

11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Nice one mate:clap: ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Premiership
    myselfRafa Benitez
    Obvious
    Liverpool
    The National Finals&A Entertaimnent Contest
  13. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Let's not forget the WAGs too.

14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

But banders would have to have BAHs too...
    I can just see all our BAHs bitching about who has the best Manolos on, flying back home to get their new extentions put in, telling the press other BAHs have put weight on...
    BMB
    xx

15. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Can they bring in the opportunity to substitute a player anytime before the start of the 3rd movement ;)

Oh and whilst we're at it, lets have cheerleaders - that'd perk up the Dolphin centre each February!!! :p

16. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Slightly strange comparison to make, but I suppose if I had to pick a Premiership manager I'd want one who can mould a lesser group of players into a team that is more than the sum of it's parts, able to beat allegedly superior-on-paper opposition.

Like, maybe, David Moyes? :D

17. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

ANYTHING would liven up the Dolphin Centre in February - you didn't think the power cuts, fire alarms etc were accidents did you?? Anything to make that lovely barn of a place slightly more than just a barn... :wink:

Rach x

18. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

I would get jose cos he knows where to find good players and knows where to get loads of money.