Premier League 2011/12

Discussion in 'General Sports Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

So who do people think is going to win the League and who's going down? Who's going to be the surprise package?

Reckon Chelsea will want to prove a point this year, United will be strong but reckon the new/younger players could buckle under big game pressure (especially the keeper). As a Liverpool fan I hope we can do really well, just as long as we don't have a start to the season like last year!

Anyone from Swansea, QPR, Wigan and Newcastle for the drop for me . Will be surprised to see any of them not scrapping it out at the bottom all season.

Hoping for another cracking season like the last one and United not winning anything :biggrin:

2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Personally I can't wait for the season to start. Can't wait for the regular Liverpool reports from the man who calls Anfield home :eek: :eek:

3. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

To win the the Premier League?
    Hmmm, pains me to say it but Man Ure are going to be hard to beat again. Whoever finishes above them will win the league. I can see only Man City or Chelsea challenging them though. Arsenal look like they might struggle for a top for spot if they don't replace Fabregas and Nasri with quality.

As for Liverpool? Last year I said I'd be happy if we got in the top ten (because of all the changes that were going to have to be made) and we managed 6th. No European games to distract us this year, so I'm hoping for another top 6 finish but maybe if the new players can gel early on, a top 4 and Champion's League spot might just be possible.
    Also without the distraction of Europe, I'd expect a good run in the domestic cups, although Exeter away in the League Cup won't be easy.

As for relegation - it's hard to see past the three promoted teams plus the likes of Wigan, Newcastle - is Ashley determined to ruin them?!, Aston Villa - they might struggle having sold two of their potential match winning players, Blackburn - they seem to always been down there recently, Everton? Sorry super_sop! If they don't invest in some new players, they could have a fight on this season.

Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it! Come on Liverpool - surprise me!