Prelude & Jubliate - By D Barry

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by garsop_2000, Jul 7, 2008.

1. garsop_2000

garsop_2000 Member

The Testpiece for 2nd section NIBA has been announced as "Prelude & Jubliate by D. Barry - assuming that D. Barry is actually Darrol Barry.

Link :

Does anyone know off hand of any cd recording made by any band in the last while, or advise of a website that currently has it for sale.

Many thanks
  2. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Wasn't this the third or fourth section piece at the areas (2007?) so should be on the Regionals CD. Remember quite liking it, some nice 5/8, 7/8 bits, but not too hard.
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Yep. 2007 3rd section area testpiece, CD available here with the added "bonus" of getting The Wayfarer and Helen Perkin's Carnival :rolleyes:

Opening's a bit nerve racking for Sop and Solo Horn IIRR, but otherwise it's not enormously hard.
  4. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

I remember playing it for the areas in 2007 at Torquay with Camborne B. As per Anno Drac its a real test for the Horn and Sop,bit of a little duet feature going on in the opening but a nice piece.As a band we liked it (daughter is the solo horn,and played a blinder)
  5. <nickw>

<nickw> Member

Yeah, my band came second at the 3rd section Yorkshire regionals in 2007, granting us promotion to the 2nd section playing this. On the whole this is one of my favourites test pieces. It is challenging for inexperienced players but also a nice piece of music with a pressurizing opening
  6. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

It's a nice piece. had a lot of fun playing it at the area last year with Elland. Good part for the horns which probably helped. It's one of my favourite area pieces.