Prelude from Te Deum - Charpentier

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by mjwarman, May 13, 2013.

1. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Hi guys,

I'm playing at a wedding in a few weeks and need a Trumpet (in Bb) and organ/piano part for the Prelude from Te Deum by M.A Charpentier.

I'm struggling to find a copy that isn't for trumpet in C, my transposition skills are awful and the only copy I've found transposes the trumpet part up, I would rather have one that takes the piano part down!

Could anyone out there recommend a version which I could get my hands on quickly (possibly download) and cheaply?

Thanks in advance

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Te Deum - Charpentier Hi
    Te Deum
    M.A Charpentier.
    Prelude
    Bb
  3. fartycat

fartycat Member

4. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

That's the one I found with the trumpet part transposed up, but i hadn't spotted the finale file. I'll work with that and get it to a nice key!! Thanks

5. GordonH

GordonH Member

I have only ever done the original version in D concert.

I played it at a wedding a couple of years ago and afterwards the bridge asked why I had played the Eurovision music. Clearly she hadn't taken good advice on her musical choice!

6. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Yeah, I have a feeling she's not sure what she really wants. She originally asked for Purcells Voluntary for the Processional, when I asked her which one, she finally got back to me and said Trumpet Tune & Air!!!Might just play the muppets and see if she notices!!

7. ben16

ben16 Member

a few weeks is more than long enough to transpose this beautiful piece - even if you have to learn transposition from scratch.

8. pbirch

pbirch Member

harsh, but…..

9. davids

davids New Member

Hi Matt

I have what you need. You will have to let me know where you want it sent sent.

David

10. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Deleted

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  11. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

how very useful...........

I have what I need now. Thank you for the helpful responses

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Te Deum - Charpentier Hi