predictions for your team in the new season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nanny Ogg, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Hi folks, know alot of you follow the other religion of football. How do you think your team will do. Here goes with mine Tranmere.

League - narrowly miss out on play offs - loose in final in penalty shootout to T'Udders.

League Cup - knocked out first round by Hull, former TRFC player Price or Roberts scores winner against us.

FA Cup - Quarter finals (we're due there again)

LDV Vans or whatever its called this season - winners but doesn't make up for not going up.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FA
    Europe
    Liverpool - 2nd
    Northern Irish
    Linfield
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

AFC Wimbledon-

League- Automatic promotion from the Ryman Premier

League Cup- Final again (well it is the Ryman league cup!)

FA Cup- We start in the 1st Qualifying round so success would be to get to the 1st round proper

Tin pot cups- Surrey Senior cup final and to win it for the 3rd time!

Of course the dream end to the season would be for us to go up and the Franchise MK Dongs to go down again, meaning we'll only be 1 league away from them

4. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

The mighty Terriers Huddersfield Town;

Will be disappointed if we dont do at least the play offs again in League 1, really i'm looking for automatic promotion this yr. Should have done it last yr but for a couple of speels of very poor results.

FA Cup- If we manage to get promotion from League 1 then the FA Cup is irrelevant, i'd rather go out early and do well in the League than have a decent cup run that affects our league placing.

League Cup- See Above!

Here's to a good season!

5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I fear that it will be another long season for us canaries, full of hope, only to be dashed by the total lack of tactics used by Nigel Worthington.

However, there may be hope, because during the world cup, on seeing Brazil in their yellow shirts, my daughter started jumping up and down and shouting, "Look daddy, Norwich are on telly".............such innocence eh? :dunno

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'll be happy if Southend just consolidate their position in the Championship, and steer clear of the relegation dogfight!

7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Wasn't that the aim last season as well Peter?

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well, if it brings about the same outcome this season we won't be complaining ;)

9. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I predict that, with the signing of Hasselbaink and Bent's new contract, that Charlton will no only win the Premiership and both cups, but will win the Champions League next year too. Oh, is that the alarm clock.....
    :biggrin:

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Same as every other season in the Premiership, fighting for survival! Still Harry might be able to buy some new players with the new owners money. And at least we are above the Scummers.

Play Up Pompey

11. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

A top ten finish for Sheffield United, and if results go our way we may even be able to sneak into the European qualification slots...

*SLAP*

If we get off to a good start, we could well be OK, but it's going to be a tough season whatever. I think a few teams may struggle as well as the promoted clubs, and hopefully we'll be able to capitalise on this. Success would be survival, and hopefully by a few places as well.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FA
    Europe
    Liverpool - 2nd
    Northern Irish
    Linfield
  13. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

United League - Finish 2nd behind Chelski.
    League Cup - Quarter Finals
    FA Cup - Winner
    European Cup - Quarter Finals

FC United NWCFL Div 1 - Winners (now we feature a certain R Giggs in the squad!)

14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Leicester.

Well with no money, and not many new signings I can't see us improving much on last years Championship 12th place. But they were playing better under Rob Kelly and without having to go through the transition of kicking out another manager (hopefully :rolleyes: ) we might squeeze a play-off place. Mid-table to lower play-off positions.

15. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

MANCHESTER United ;)
    League- With Gattuso and Torres- 1st
    Without- 2nd

Fa Cup- Winners beating Arsenal in the final 2-1
    League Cup- Semi's
    Europe- Who knows.......

16. persins

persins Member

Tottenham

Premiership - Champions League Qualification (again!)
    FA Cup - Semi finals (another few years yet before the year ends in a 1!)
    League Cup - Win it?! More likely get knocked out but my local pub team though
    UEFA Cup - Quarter Finals

17. persins

persins Member

Reading

Premiership - Stay up
    FA Cup - 5th Round
    League Cup - Get further than Oxford or Swindon!;-P

18. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

There's only 1 United

19. jenzi

jenzi Member

That won't be hard! After relegation to the Conference, I'm hoping Oxford United will go straight back up to League Two but they will probably finish somewhere in the top half. You've got to support your home town club, even if they are, er...not very good!

As for Everton, I predict a top 10 finish in the Prem, hopefully qualifying for a UEFA cup place. I think we deserve another shot at playing in Europe! :cool:

20. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

You've got that right. Sheffield United!

Hopefully do a bit better than just survive, but I'd settle for that. Could do without cup runs to be honest.

21. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Who? ;)

22. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Now that St Glen of Hoddle is out of the picture , and Milan Manderic looking to invest in Wolves with uncle Jack...things are looking pretty good , only fly in the ointment could be the appointment of professional Irishman Mick McCarthy , still he did wonders with Sunderland who knows what he can do with a motivated squad and a bit of cash...wahoooo
    fa cup quarter final
    league cup..nowt

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006