Prediction Contest - Finals 2005

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Keppler, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

[IMGLEFT]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/tmp_news_icon.gif[/IMGLEFT] tMP National Finals Prediction Competition - sections 1 through 4

It's prediction time once again, as the Finals are getting close, and the tMP Prediction Gizmatron has been fed with all the details of the competing bands. All we would like you to do is choose your top 3 in each section. Simple.

For those of you who have not been lucky enough to be inflicted with this before, clicking on the link at the very top of the page (see screenshot) will bring you to the Predictions Contest page, where you choose your bands. It's as simple as that.

Scoring wise, each correct placing you make will earn you 15 (yes, 15) points. If you select a band that finishes in the top 3, but you have it in the wrong place, you will receive 5 points.

The lucky tMP with the most points will be delared the winner, and be the object of awe from all other tMPers.

Have fun.
    Kepps

Attached Files:

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Don't forget too that you can also see the current fav tMP runners i.e. who you have voted for placings in each area. Enjoy!

3. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Just entered my predictions, I am expecting to come last as I dont have a clue about other sections, so I have chosen bands I have heard of.

Hopefully Ashton will do well, as I used to play for them I wish them all the best

And I competed against Imps the last time I heard them, and I didnt think they deserved relegation.

4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well i have put my 12 bands in.

Looking to do well as i was well pleased with my Area Prediction:biggrin:

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Ha! I'll be challenging you for last place! :)

6. Magic Flute

Magic Flute Supporting Member

No, that'll be me - I've only heard of a few of these:oops: - total guesswork!!

7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Just posted my predictions for the Finals.

Well I had to put us as winning didn't I?:clap:

Egg on Face??????????:redface:

8. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I've only heard of like two of the bands on there!

9. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

How do you do that??

10. Keppler

There is a link from the Prediction page, called "View Live Stats"
    This should get you there.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP National Finals Prediction Competition
    Predictions
    IMGLEFT
    tMP Prediction Gizmatron
    size
  12. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

13. Keppler

Oki, not so long to go now, and we are getting a good response from tmpers.

Just to give you an update on how things are progressing, here's a report distilled from our tMP predict-o-matic.

In the First Section:
    Top runners are Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel (119 votes) [1st:62/2nd:39/3rd:18]
    Ashton-Under-Lyne(64 votes)[1st:21/2nd:24/3rd:19]
    Freckleton(54 votes)[1st:16/2nd:15/3rd:23]

In the Second Section:
    Top runners are Wire Brass (75 votes) [1st:45/2nd:15/3rd:15]
    Deiniolen (51 votes)[1st:16/2nd:17/3rd:18]
    Diggle(43 votes)[1st:7/2nd:21/3rd:15]

In the Third Section:
    Top runners are United Norwest 2000 Brass (71 votes) [1st:32/2nd:20/3rd:19]
    Trinity Girls (60 votes)[1st:12/2nd:31/3rd:17]
    Grange Moor(50 votes)[1st:20/2nd:16/3rd:14]

In the Fourth Section:
    Top runners are Five Rivers Brass (65 votes) [1st:23/2nd:20/3rd:22]
    Norfolk Wherry Brass (49 votes)[1st:26/2nd:17/3rd:6]
    Valley Brass [Haydock](36 votes)[1st:13/2nd:11/3rd:12]

So there you have it. Up to the minute reports from your team at tMP. We can see that either you lot think it'll be close, or ye haven't a clue.. or indeed the stats don't mean much! Any which way, it's all exciting.

More rumblings and gurglings from the Gizmatron distillator next week.

Kepps

14. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thank you everyone :D

15. dyl

dyl Active Member

I was thinking exactly the same as you! What are you doing people? :rolleyes:

16. i think yorkshire could do a whitewash of all 4 sections, dont think it will be top 2 for every 1 but i think they could win all of them, they seem to be looking stronger every year, north west i think could take all the 2nd places aswell, we'll just see what happens, anyone wanna place there actual predictions on this thread?

17. Keppler

No predictions on this thread please, if you feel like making some predictions, I refer you to the link at the top of the screen.

Thanks
    Kepps

18. ive made my predictions on the thingy but we can't see everyone elses predictions, thats why i was suggestin that after they put them on the official prediction thingy that they could put them on here too so we can compare and comment on each others predictions

19. Keppler

All predictions will be visible from the breakdown results screen once the results are posted.

However, I have started a discussion thread which can be found here

Kepps

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  20. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

I hope the parr band will do well in sll of their contests this year, coz we had a really bad season last year.

GO PARR BAND

21. i just dont see what the problem is here about whether people put their predictions on here so others can view them and compare them, isnt that how you make the build up to the finals excitin etc, i just dont know why we can't show each other our predictions before the contest has happened and the results have been announced?

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP National Finals Prediction Competition
    Predictions
    IMGLEFT
    tMP Prediction Gizmatron
    size