Pre-Nationals Concert - Darebin City Brass

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Lonny, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Lonny

Lonny New Member

DAREBIN CITY BRASS-PRESTON BAND
    (Musical Director Mr Jason Mears)

Invites you to our Pre Nationals Concert.

The band will perform its repertoire for the Australian National Band Championships to be held in Brisbane, QLD at Easter.

Date: Thursday 6th April 2006 8.00 pm
    Venue: Preston Salvation Army hall, Gower St. Preston, VIC, Opposite the Preston Town Hall.

Meet and enjoy the fabulous sounds of the newly formed intermediate band
    Darebin City Brass- Northern Brass
    (Conductor Andrew Power)
    And
    Darebin City Brass-Youth Group
    Ably led by Mr Jack Kelly

Ensemble groups will also perform and the night will conclude with a massed bands performance.

For more details, please visit our website....www.darebincitybrass.com

A $5.00 donation would be appreciated.

Come along and support your local Bands.

2. vonny

vonny Member

Hi Lonny

Myself and Keely are visiting Australia on the 14th May until the 31st May and staying in Melbourne. In fact we are staying in South Yarra - Victoria which is only about 11 miles away from Darebin City Brass quarters. Maybe we will pop down to one of your rehearsals and have a listen :)

Yvonne x

3. Lonny

Lonny New Member

You are most welcome to come and have a listen!

Let us know when you would like to come!

4. hornyas

hornyas Member

Good luck Darebin

Good luck at the Aussie Nationals Darebin. It seems you guys have been on a steady rise in the last few years... A lot of you are good friends with my old band back home in Adelaide, K&N Brass. Hope it all goes well for you (as long as you don't beat K&N hehe;) ).

5. Lonny

Lonny New Member

Thanks Rob!

6. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Aye, good luck to Darebin. I think you have an excellent chance at the contest. I thought the band were great last year when I played with you.

Cheers

7. Lonny

Lonny New Member

The Darebin City Brass Pre-Nationals Concert is on tonight! All Welcome!

If you are unable to come to the concert, we are also having an open rehearsal on Sunday at 5.30pm at Mazenod College, Mulgrave. PM me if you would like more details!