Prayers/thoughts/best wishes please

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by bigmamabadger, Sep 27, 2005.

1. julestools

julestools Active Member

I am out !!!

A toothless wreck of my former self and a good three stone lighter (wired jaw works wonders as a slimming aid) but mobile again under my own power. Six weeks on my back has reduced my muscles to little more than useless but it is nothing that a little hard work wont put right. There is now enough steel in my right leg to build a small bridge!

I would like to thank everyone, especially my wife April who has been by my side the whole time, my parents who came back off holiday and took over the children and anyone who helped keep our spirits up via text message while in hospital (they know who they are). Kept in touch with Barnton Band by sending text messages to practice every tuesday via Badger or Carol. I would also like to thank the doctors, nurses and porters at Shrewsbury Royal Hospital without whose help i would not be here.

I have a long way to go yet with phisio and dental work but i have proved that i am a fighter and i am glad to be alive. May not be playing by christmas but have room booked for the areas in Blackpool so need to pull my finger out and get some practice in.

I was caught on friday looking through "Motorcycles for sale" in the local paper and severely reprimanded by April. Looks like my biking days are over but it was fun while it lasted.

Thanks to all tMPers for your support through a difficult time. It was much appreciated.

Jules

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

glad to hear you are on the road................ to recovery!:D

3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Great to hear you are back .

Well Done:tup :clap:

4. Melph

Melph Member

Hope Jullian is feeling better soon. Ourt thoughts and prayers are with him and his family during this time.

5. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Jules! Wahay, posting for yourself again hey? ;) This is fantastic news! You're a fighter alright. Sounds like you have a ways to go yet but you have fantastic support in your wife and family. Told off for looking at bikes? Quite right too. If you fancy throwing some money about how about treating yourself to a brand new bass instead. ;) Anyway, all the very best to you.

6. julestools

julestools Active Member

Bb going in for an overhaul while i try and get my teeth sorted. Both will cost a small fortune so i think another bike is out the window. They dont make basses like they used to