Prayers/thoughts/best wishes please

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by bigmamabadger, Sep 27, 2005.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Our BBb bass player Julian (julestools) has been seriously injured in a motorbike accident. I would like to ask for your prayers and thoughts for him and his family. All of us at Barnton Silver Band are praying for his recovery.
    Many Thanks
    Becky (BMB)
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Please assure him and the family of our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Thats terrible. Our thoughts are with Julian for a full and speedy recovery. Please do keep us informed of any progress.
  4. bigmamabadger

Jules has had another good night, and they are beginning to talk about maybe lightening the sedation a bit to see if he will wake up. Still very early days, but things are looking more hopeful right now.

5. vonny

vonny Member

My thoughts and prayers are with julian and all of his family at this difficult time

Yvonne x
  6. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

They'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Thats good news. Keeping everything crossed for more of the same.
  8. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

My prayers are with Julian and his family
  9. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Shall be praying for a speedy recovery, and comfort for the family.
  10. Bob Thompson

Bob Thompson Member

thoughts and prayers

Prayers and thoughts with you all right now.

11. julestools

julestools Active Member

Dear Becky and all at the Mouthpiece

This is April, Julian's wife. I would just like to say thank you so much for your words and prayers that are really appreciated at this difficult time. Please keep Jules in your thoughts. Becky will let you know his progress as and when there is anything to report.

Many, many thanks to all of you.

Love from

April Done
  12. bigmamabadger

Julian may be moved out of ITU and onto the Head and Neck ward today. The fact that they're even contemplating this is so encouraging.

13. flower girl

flower girl Member

best wishes. my thoughts and prayers are with julian and his family
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Yay, go Julian. What a fighter ! :clap: Very encouraging news.
  15. julestools

julestools Active Member

Hi - this is April again.

Julian is now on the Head and Neck ward where he has had his reconstructive surgery to his face - is now able to suck drinks through his teeth (he still has his jaw wired up), still at the moment has his tracheostomy and is getting very ratty at having to stay in bed :bounce (for all those who know Jules well, this is a GOOD thing!:tup :tup ).

I printed all the posts about him and took them in to him and he was extremely touched.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

Thank you all.

April Done :D
  16. Di

Di Active Member

More good news, a ratty patient is a patient on the mend. ;) Keep going Julian :clap:
  17. bigmamabadger

Jules has had his tracheotomy out and can talk a bit now. I believe the problem is shutting him up...

He seems to be recovering amazingly well although there's still a lot of time and work to be done. Sure April will be back on soon with more updates.
  18. Di

Di Active Member

And they say women can talk eh? ;) Aww, give the guy a break, he's been out of it for three weeks, he's got some catching up to do. :biggrin:

This is great news. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. :tup
  19. julestools

julestools Active Member

Hello, April again!

Jules has been doing really well this week. He is allowed to sit in a chair by his bed for periods, although he is not allowed to put any weight on his broken leg yet. Hopefully the wires in his jaw will be taken out next week so he will perhaps progress from pureed food through a straw! :clap: He has been in a bay with three other good blokes and they have been pulling each others' legs (so to speak). Unfortunately, the sister came yesterday and said that he had caught the bug on his tracheostomy site and we were moved to a side room after having nasal swabs done on the whole bay and everybody has to wash and gel their hands before entering his room. However, on the plus side he now has his own tv!!

Visitors really cheer him up - even though he feels it is too long a distance for them to travel.

I will report more as and when.

April Done:D
  20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the update, and hope the infection is soon cleared up.