Prayer request

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by PeterBale, Jul 21, 2004.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There still seems to be a gradual improvement day by day, and they've now been able to move her out of intensive care and onto the rehabilitation ward.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Any more news for us Peter, how is Elise doing? Still improving we hope?

3. PeterBale

Still steady improvement, although it will be a long process, and they can't say how full a recovery she will make yet.

4. PeterBale

Just a further update as promised:

Elise has now been transferred to Southend Hospital, so visiting is a lot easier for the family. She is able to sit up in a chair, although she still has no movement down one side and her sight is limited to short distances. They are still uncertain of the extent of any brain damage that may have resulted from the stroke, but she is responding to what is going on, even though there are no recognisable words as yet.

5. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

The girl has sprit and refused to give up and it has paid in dividends by the sound of it.

Best wishes to her continuing recovery.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

OMG! What a horrible thing to happen!

I had a tumor when I was 6 and can't even imagine what she must be going through.

7. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Peter I have only just read this but please be assured of the prayers of my family, I will add Elise and her family onto our prayer group at church, the more people praying the better.

8. PeterBale

There still seems to be steady progress, and she's begun to talk as well.

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Peter

I too have only just stumbled across this very sad, but somewhat uplifting thread. Please pass my thoughts and regards to your friends family and please do keep us informed on her progress.

Thanks for posting this Peter, I will continue to watch with interest.

John

10. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

The prayers of my family are with Elise and her courageous family.

11. Di

Di Active Member

I've just got back from hols and caught up with this excellent news. :) I am so pleased for Elise and her family. I'm sure you are doing already, but please pass on our good wishes.

12. Di

Di Active Member

Been a little while now, any more news Peter?

13. PeterBale

Funnily enough I was intending to post on here this morning, as Elise has been featured on the front page of one of our free papers this week. Progress is still on-going, and they're hopeful she may be able to return home around Christmas-time, although she still can't hold her head upright on her own. They are in the process of undertaking alterations to their house in preparation for her move back home.

14. Di

Di Active Member

Good news that she'll soon be going home. What is the level of recovery so far, ie, speech and movement? Any idea?

15. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

What a fantastic Christmas present that would be for the family.

16. PeterBale

Having spoken to Alf at the weekend, Elise has full movement down one side, but is still restricted on the other. She can stand, and has some movement in her arm, although she can't move all the joints. I understand her speech is more or less back to normal.

They are hoping to be able to replace the section of bone they'd removed from her skull within the next week or so.

17. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

blimey, thats good news, lets hope it continues!

18. Di

Di Active Member

This indeed is fantastic news. :-D So pleased for Elise and her family.

19. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

Fantastic news Peter. Thanks for keeping us updated.

20. Resurgam

Resurgam Member

Having just read through this thread for the first time I must say my sincere thoughts and prayers go to Elise and her family. What a brave girl and fighter she must be. Let us all hope that Elisa has a full and speedy recovery.

Resurgam