Prayer request

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by PeterBale, Jul 21, 2004.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The grand-daughter of one of our bass players suffered a stroke at the weekend at the age of 12. She's undergoing a six-hour operation at Great Ormond Street this morning, and your prayers would be greatly appreciated by Alf and the family.
  2. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

What a tragic thing to happen to one so young.

You can certainly count on my prayers.
  3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

How terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with the whole family Peter.
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Very sad and sorry to read about this...
    My prayers and thoughts are with the family.
  5. PeterBale

I'm sure you'll all be sorry to hear that the operation was not successful, and Alf's grand-daughter passed away yesterday afternoon. Please continue to pray for the family who are understandably devastated by their unexpected loss.
  6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

How tragic. Especially in one so young.

Sincere condolences. Our thoughts are with you.

Matthew and Elspeth (MRSH & Aardvark)
  7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

So sad that it can happen to one so young.

My, condolences, thoughts and prayers are with the the family

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

What a tragedy. Please pass on our deepest sympathy Peter. Our thougths are with the family.
  9. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Mine and my family's, condolences, thoughts and prayers are with the the family.
  10. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Tragic news - can only echo what is being said above.

Given the 'small world' of the SA - I am sure that there will be some link to the bereaved family present at the SA Territorial Music School commencing on Saturday. I am certain that both staff and students will be upholding the family in prayer.

Love and prayers again
  11. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

thats really sad! thoughts and prayers are wiv the family and friends and everyone who knew her!
  12. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

What tragic news Peter. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
  13. PeterBale

Having been informed on Wednesday evening that the decision had been taken to switch of the life support system, I found out at band practice last night that they actually decided to delay that move: when the parents' voices were heard, there was a quickening of the heartbeat and a slight movement in one arm. Becasue of this, the doctors decided to wait for a while to see if there were any more signs that she may not be brain-dead, as was first thought.

I cannot apologise enough for the confusion, and whatever happens the family still need our prayers. I shall keep you informed of any more news as I receive it.
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Such a dreadful thing to happen to any family. Our hopes and thoughts are with them through these trying times.

Diane and Vicki
  15. PeterBale

The latest update, having spoken to Alf at the weekend, is that Elise is still critically ill. There definitely appears to be an awareness of when the parents are there, and she is able to move one arm, but all attempts to switch off the life support have so far failed.
  16. Libby

Libby Member

Very sorry to read about Elise.

Loving thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

17. PeterBale

Heard last night that the life support has been switched off, and that she is now breathing on her own, although still being fed by a drip.
  18. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

A miracle if ever there was one. I will continue to uphold Elise and her family in my prayers .
  19. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

sounds like a miracle to me, lets hope her health continues to improve over the coming days and weeks
  20. Di

Di Active Member

Wonderful news! May she continue to get better and better.

Vicki and Diane