Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by floral_dance, Apr 3, 2004.

1. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I have not been on here for a few days but I would like to ask those who believe in the power of prayer to pray for my husband. He had a minor stroke on Thursday morning and is still in hospital. He is a reasonably fit young man and this has come a great shock to us. The prognosis is very good but we have been told that he may have another stroke and that he is now in the high risk category.

He is a Church of Scotland Minister and so will draw great comfort knowing that many people are praying for him.
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Best wishes to both of you, here's hoping he's had the only one he's going to.

Get well soon.
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

So sorry, and shocked to hear about your husband.
    On behalf of all the Moderators and Admin can send you and your family our best wishes and hope that he makes a good recovery.

Our prayers are with you.

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

All the best to you and your husband.
    You'll be in our thoughts and prayers...

Naomi and family
  5. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Will be thinking of and praying for you both.

Rach x
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Can I echo the wishes of everyone on tMP for a speedy recovery for your husband. We are all very sorry to hear about this... we are thinking of you and your family.

7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

basically, ditto everyone else
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Yvonne - pleased be assured of our prayers for both you and your husband at this time. Jonathan, our principal EEb player, suffered a stroke just over a year ago, and we have witnessed his steady improvement over the months. I trust and pray that his health may indeed be restored so he can continue with his ministry.
  9. Moy

Moy Active Member

Yvonne my thoughts are with you and your family.
    So sorry to hear your news.
  10. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both for a full and speedy recovery.
    With very best regards. Dave Neil and family
  11. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Thank you all for your kind words and support. Hubby is still in hospital and fingers crossed may be home by the weekend. He has made some improvement already but has a long way to go. I will keep you posted. Once again thanks to all of you.

12. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

I hope your husband has a speedy recovery Yvonne,medical resources can do wonders in this day and age and I'm sure it will all work out.
  13. Hi Yvonne

I have had some experience of what you are going through - believe me, the "waiting" is the worst part.........

I do believe in the power of prayer.
  14. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

So sorry to hear this. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you at this time,
  15. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Just to let you know hubby is now home from hospital and making progress. Thank you all a kind for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.

16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Great news, Yvonne. I'm just posting this from Holland, courtesy of our hosts for the weekend, where we have shared a great Good Friday with the folk here - two indoor meetings and an Open Air programme in a town square thronging with visitors for the annual Flower Festival. We will continue to think of you both in the coming days.
  17. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

glad that your husband is home for Easter......... a special time for you
    you are both in our thoughts and prayers