Possibly looking for a new band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by PaddySears, Sep 24, 2007.

1. PaddySears

PaddySears Member

I MAY be looking for a new band over the next few months due to relocation.

I will be either in the area of Harrogate or Sevenoaks (I know there is quite some difference there)

I'm looking for a friendly 1-3rd section band and I'd be looking for a seat somewhere in the euph/bari/trom section....

further details on my experience on request!

Paddy​

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    B)MAY
    Harrogate
    Sevenoaks
    bari
    Paddy
  3. Lna

Lna Member

Hello! Ripon City Band are looking for a bass trombone player, other seats are also available! We are a friendly third section band, we rehearse on Tue and Fri evenings at our band room in Ripon. We also have our own private bar where we all have a few drinks after band rehearsal! Visit our website for more information and contact details! We look forward to hearing from you. www.riponcityband.co.uk

4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Hi Paddy, if you find yourself in Harrogate then you'd be welcome to come along to a rehearsal at Harrogate Band - we're a friendly and hardworking group. Please have a look at our website to see the sort of things we get up to www.harrogateband.org

But it's a long way from Sevenoaks...

Cheers
    David

5. PaddySears

PaddySears Member

Thanks for those invites - any one any ideas for the kent side ?

6. Bungle

Bungle Member

With Sevenoaks being close to the M25 you are in range of quite a few bands. I would suggest having a look at the SCABA site for a list of contesting bands and visit a few. I would hope you would come and visit us at Cranbrook Town Band and try us out, we are about 40 minutes drive from Sevenoaks. Andrew Hill from Hatfield has just joined us on front row, so we can't be that bad. I will send a PM with more info.

7. Owen S

Owen S Member

Hi Paddy,

I actually work in Sevenoaks, though I live in central London. I have previously looked into which bands are in the area, in case any are in need of a dep. There aren't that many close by, but Bungle is right that the M25 means you can get to quite a few bands relatively easily.

Going round the M25 anticlockwise, you have ourselves, Egham, then Staines and Staines Lammas, Epsom and Ewell, then Croydon and finally Crystal Palace. Your closest bands would probably be Oxted (non-contesting) and Edenbridge (I'm not sure if they've folded though). To the south, you have Cranbrook, plus a few bands in East Sussex, though I'm not sure which bands are where there. To the east and northeast, there's several bands in the Medway towns - Northfleet, KM Gillingham and BAE Systems. Apologies to those bands I've missed.

We're looking for a 2nd trombone once the National Finals are over, and we'll be first section again from January. You'd be more than welcome to head round to Egham to try us out.

8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Wetherby Silver band are 15 mins from Harrogate, a friendly bunch in the Yorshire 2nd section. They'll have a solo euph spot open soon as their current end man is off in the army.

We (The Emley) are 50 mins from Harrogate, we do have one regular who travels to and from Harrogate (yes, we're that good!!!) and we're missing a
    2nd Bari, although we do have players who are willing move around a little, We have 25/28 seats filled are in the Yorkshire 3rd section and heading upwards.

9. PaddySears

PaddySears Member

Thanks for all the information - looks like I'm heading south as thats how the jobs/interviews have worked out...

any more ideas let me know ;)

10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ah well, we all have our crosses to bear! :rolleyes:

Good luck with the relocation and the new band when you find one!

11. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

How about Becontree? East London.

www.becontree.org

I'm no longer involved, but the website'll give you contact details

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    B)MAY
    Harrogate
    Sevenoaks
    bari
    Paddy
  13. PaddySears

PaddySears Member

just to add some flesh to the bones....

I'm currently sat Solo Bari in Hitchin (2nd Section) though have sat solo trom and second euph in the last year.... If I was chosing a seat it would be 2nd Euph followed by 1st Bari followed by Bass trom....

I will be moving down to somewhere just over the QE2 Bridge at the beginning of the new year and looking for a band from then although I have comitted to play for Hitchin at Butlins.

Anyone in the area recruiting for these seats ???

14. Wetherby also need a Bass Trombone, since I left...!

It's very convenient from Harrogate, if that's where you land!

Kevin

15. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Hi

How about Brighton & Hove City Brass - it may seem a long way but I travel from Croydon, and as you'll be on the M25 it's not a bad a journey.

We are a keen and progressive 3rd section national/1st section local band (have contested against and beaten 1st section national bands this year) and are a very friendly and social bunch.

PM me if you are interested in coming down for a blow.