Posh handwriting???/

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Steve, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Hi all,

Im thinking about a website I am about to re-do and have decided I want all the buttons to be handwritten text. Unfrtunately, my handwriting looks like an untidy version of my mums handwriting (big, round and very girly!!).

I am seeing if any tmp'ers out there can help out and get the following words written for me in some cool but reasonably posh handwriting and scan them onto a pc to email to me (white A4 document with black writing would be spot on).

Homepage
    Family
    School
    After School
    Whats Next?
    Brass Bands
    Galleries
    Contact Me

I may even hold a tMp handwriting contest and release the results in a couple of weeks. Would be most grateful for anything that gets sent through.

email is pourmeanother@hotmail.com

Thanks to anyone who sends me an "entry"

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Steve... there are a nice looking few script type fonts avalable out there. tMP uses one on our logo - Mistral. Here's a mock up of a few with the text you supplied to show you what I mean... any good??
    [​IMG]

3. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thanks John, but it still looks like internet fonts and I am trying to find something just a bit different. I may end up falling back on preset handwritten font though if my idea doesnt work (which is normally the case)

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

What kind of writing do you want? Joined up, nicely printed, italics or joined up writing with all those twirly swirly bits?

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

I will accept all entries, it could be perfect calligraphy, block capitals, printed, joined up. Whatever anyone thinks looks cool, sleek and respectable. I think a thin felt tip is gonna be needed though as opposed to biro as that would be too thin a line when converting to a jpeg / gif picture. That doesnt really answer it but at the same time it does.

6. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

You can find loads of free fonts on www.fontface.com - a good handwriting one is called "Dear Joe italic" I've used it to give printed letters a handwritten look. But don't try it on the search just go to the "D" page!