Portsmouth City Band looking for new MD

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by BRASSBANDGIRL, Jan 19, 2008.

1. BRASSBANDGIRL

BRASSBANDGIRL Member

Portsmouth City Band are currently looking for a Musical Director after the last one decided to retire after the christmas season. At present we are a non-contesting band and the feeling is that most want to stay that way. We do many gigs in a year of various types from fetes to masonic lodges to playing in the Historic Dockyard.
    We rehearse on monday and thursday evenings 8-9.30pm, in our own bandroom in Hambrook Street, Southsea.
    We also need cornet players,a horn player and bass players.

Anyone interested in these postions should PM me for more details.

2. BRASSBANDGIRL

BRASSBANDGIRL Member

Portsmouth City Band are pleased to announce that we now have a new MD George Arnold.
    We are still looking for a horn player and cornet players.

Anyone interested in these postions should PM me for more details.

3. BRASSBANDGIRL

BRASSBANDGIRL Member

Portsmouth City Band

We are again looking for a new MD as George Arnold has chosen not to take up the position.

We are also looking for cornets all positions, 2nd horn, BBb bass and 2nd perc.

Anyone interested in these postions can contact me by IM or get more info on band location on our website www.portsmouthcityband.co.uk

4. spinsop

spinsop New Member

The facts

I was never MD of the Portsmouth City Band. I would have been proud to have been but not with the current dictatorship in place.

George

5. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

'twas ever thus and has been to the detriment of a band that I was proud to serve for so many years.

They missed a trick with you, George.

6. spinsop

spinsop New Member

Success

Thanks for those kind words (I know who you are!!)

I improved them in the short time i worked with them. Even won them a compitition. But as you know with their set up, music comes a very poor second.

When you are stopped from improving the band and trying to put right more senior players so as the youngsters don't pick up bad habits, then it's time to give up.

Half of the kids don't even sit right or hold the instument correctly. What chance have they got?