Portal Page

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by AndyCat, Nov 17, 2004.

1. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

My Portal page layout has changed, and I don't know how to alter it back! The layout is different than I want.

Can it be altered at a user level?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Portal Page
    page layout
    layout
    user level
    Portal page layout
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Mine's changed too. No place to select on the UCP, so I'm thinking it's a global change.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I amended the layout on the portal yesterday chaps so the articles and news were more prominent. Can you advise as to what layout you would like to see as there is a mechanism I can set up where you can have a different layout - I need to set it up in the manner you want first.

It involves my setting up a new usergroup which you choose to join in UserCP that is then set to display an alternate portal layout.

Let me know yeah...:)

5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Hi John,

No need to go to massive trouble, but I like the "new PM" and "Posts since last visit" at the top. I'm not bothered what's on the right, as long as the User CP is top left.

I understand why you've done it tho, and I just thought it might have been something I'd done!

If it's easier, leave it as it is, but I'm logged on almost all day at work (I'm a Network Manager!) so refer to that box a lot!

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Ditto

7. TheMusicMan

No worries Andy... you can be my guinee pig... hehehehe

I will set up the usergroup and page later and if it works I will post details here.

8. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

I'm not sure if that's good or bad ;-)

9. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Me too!

10. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

and me

11. impycornet

impycornet Member

me too !

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Portal Page
    page layout
    layout
    user level
    Portal page layout
  13. TheMusicMan

Okies... I get the meassage..:):)

I have two options:

1 - to use the method I outlined above
    2 - to put the UserCP bit back at the top
    3 - to revert to what we had before

I am still aiming for #1 but scan only find a way to turn specific modules on and off for a new page rather than reposition them. I will keep looking into this, can you hold out for a few more days folks...?

In the meantime I have done #2...:)

14. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE REASONS EVERYBODY SHOULD BE DOING ALL THEY CAN TO HELP JOHN BY VOTING FOR THIS SITE IN THE VBULLETIN POLL.

HE GOES OUT OF HIS WAY DO DO THINGS TO HELP US ALL, SPENDING HIS TIME SORTING OUT PROBLEMS (AND LETS FACE IT GUYS THIS IS A VERY MINOR PROBLEM!).

SHOW YOUR APRECIATIION BY VOTING NOW! YOU CAN CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY OR MANY OTHER TMP'ERS SIGS (WE ARE IN FOURTH PLACE MY THE WAY!)
    oops! sorry about the caps lock! i wasnt shouting honist:oops:

15. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Cheers John!

Thanks for listening once again!! Let me know if you still need a Guinea Pig! ;-)

16. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

My userthingy is back in the top right corner of the profile page...Thanks John :)