Pop Idol - Who do You want To Win?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Heather, Dec 15, 2003.

?

Who do yu want to win Pop Idol?

1. Michelle

91.2%
  2. Mark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't care

8.8%
  1. Heather

Heather Member

Right then. If we can have a poll about kebabs then we can have one about this.
    Who do you want to win Pop Idol?
    I like Michelle alot but think if we're talking 'Pop Idol' then its got to be Mark.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    Michelle
    Pop Idol
    poll
    kebabs
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sorry - has to be a 'don't care' for me! I hate Pap Idol! ;)

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Mark for me!
    and he's well fit :shock: :lol:
    havent been following this at all by the way, saw the show on saturday night critising everything I could with my friend who was on the other end of the phone! :lol: Defo wanted Sam to go, and he did! whoohooo! Michelle has a very good voice, and a lot of talent, but Mark was the better person for me ;-) lol...

Of course, all three will get recording deals, so who cares who wins the final! They're all winners really! 8)

5. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Michelle!!! Do it for the Scots! :wink:

6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Why should she win just because she's Scottish. I reckon all us English should vote for Mark - and theres many more of us.

She should also not win just because she's fat and plain. Perhaps everybody who's thin or doesn't look like the back end of a carthorse should vote for Mark.

She put some good performances earlier in the series but lately she's been really dire and no way does she deserve to win .

Mark has been unfairly judged all through these finals. The 3 judges have had their own agenda - i.e. making money at the end of it.
    Sam could have been marketed to the young girls on his cute looks, Michelle on her anti-pop idol image and Chris as the vulnerable, geeky vicar (with the best voice by far). But Mark - he's just a normal, nice natured bloke. No great shakes in the looks department, no defined image, nothing quirky - nothing to market.
    Mark has been consistently good, not great, but good and easily the best of the last three. But however good his performance he was slated by the judges, you could tell they just didn't want him to be there. Never a proper criticsm, just bland statements like that was 'caberet'. Well I would prefer a good cabaret act than a bad pop act.

Blimey - how sad do I sound, getting worked up by pop idol. But I admit it I'm totally hooked.

7. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

<rant>

As long as they don't get the Xmas number one or in fact, any number one, I don't care!
    I much prefer Fame Acadamy where they write some of their own songs rather than nick other peoples.

</rant>

8. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

The competition died when susanne went out. She was the only one with any personality, a different type of voice and good looking.

9. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

A different type of voice alright. Like she smoked 20 cigars a day type of voice much like Barry White.

A very poor program IMHO. Like a solo contest that has gone on for weeks but with less talent generally.

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

You're telling me... a cracking lookng gal...

11. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I only watch the results and the bit of the programme thats on when I am on my break at work. But in my opinion Sam should have won. I don't like Mark, and I don't think Michelle is a Pop Idol. Not actually bothered now Sam's gone.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    Michelle
    Pop Idol
    poll
    kebabs
  13. markyboy

markyboy Member

I've watched every edition of pop idol and have really enjoyed it, just like the last series.
    But I have to say that the two finalists out of 20,000 original entrants are a bit disapointing to be quite honest. Neither of them are in the same league as Will Young (IMHO) and the two most likely 'Pop Idols' have slipped through the net, ie Sam and the lovely Roxanne.
    But my prediction is Mark will win, but I think Michelle is the better singer. Should be interesting!

14. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Monday saw the release of the Australian Idol's debut album. Guy Sebastion is a nice enough person, with a good voice. However the style he chooses to sing it my pet hate, and sometimes that's enough to turn me off an artist.

the guy who got 2nd also got a recording contract, and although his voice isn't as good, he sings a better style.

15. jonford

jonford Member

I don't agree. At least the judges on Pop Idol kno what there talking about where as Fame academy and Richard Parks had their favourites. They can sing songs on pop idol instead of some of the shouting you get on Fame Academy!

Back to the subject though I dont really care who wins although I think Mark will win, all the girls votes and most of Sams voters will now vote for Mark.

Im so sad! :?

16. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this thread be in "Random Chat & Off Topic..." ??

I mean, it's got nothing to do with music ............ :wink:

17. twm_trombone

twm_trombone Member

Not a brass related topic..............is it?????

18. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

I heartily agree! Pop Idol (and the like) IMHO is like Radio 1 for TV. Talk about dumbing down the masses! Why provide quality when you can get away with this drivel...

19. leisa

leisa Active Member

it is in random chat :shock: hehe! pop idol arggggggggggh :x :evil:

20. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

I think Kirsty was totally fine. Moderated! She was the best looking one by far Moderated again!

Do I hear a moderator knocking here? :lol: You sure can!

I hated Suzanne's speaking voice and her overly-excited personality but oh my god she was a good singer.

Edit: please remember that this is a family-friendly forum. Dyl.

21. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I hate pretty girls who know they're pretty. They make too much emphasis on their body and singing about topics that don't colour themselves correctly.

Plain looking musicians, however, sing nicely, and sing good songs.

22. jimothy

jimothy Member

Well if you all think that this poll is a good idea, why don;t we have a poll about the sexiest band person?