Poor Elvis NEVER gets air play!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Miss Presley, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Miss Presley

Miss Presley Member

Why is it, that the most talented male singer to ever grace this planet and help invent music into what it is today NEVER gets an radio air play? :mad:

(for those who aren't aware) they are at the moment in the process of releasing ALL 18 of Elvis' UK number 1's, (we're up to 12 this week) and NEVER do I hear them on the radio, except on the chart on a Sunday!

Now for those of you who know me, know that when i'm in the car or at home, I only ever listen to Elvis CD's (6 CD multichanger in the car and all Elvis CD's) but I listen to the radio all day at work, as does my partner.

He said to me this morning as he was taking me to work, its amazing that you never hear any Elvis tracks on the radio, (although a new one is released every week at the minute) but now they have released Amarillo again (Tony Christie) with Peter Kay miming on the video, its ever other b****y track that's played. He's not even a fan and he shares my anger!

Baritone Elvis, back me up here!!!!!!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Elvis
    number 1
    UK
    Elvis CD
    Poor Elvis
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I love Elvis' music and we don't hear enough of it, I agree...I just wish he hadn't gone through that 'orrible white sparkly flared suit phase!!

Lets have more Elvis on the Radio !!

4. Miss Presley

Miss Presley Member

Aw thanks!

Although, Elvis in his sparkly (not always white) jumpsuits is when I think he was at his best!

Mmmmmmmm, i'm now drifting off into a daydream ......................................................

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

He certainly has a lot of fans to this day, but let's face it, he's not exactly very 2005 is he? The radio stations will play what the music industry will make most money out of, or what they think is popular - Elvis' time has been and gone, as influential as he was.

I don't even like Elvis to be honest, but I'd rather listen to his stuff than some of the rubbish that seems to get popular these days.

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yup - been and gone... don't know what all the fuss was about anyhow...

7. Brasstrom

Brasstrom New Member

I did hear he was making a come back

only another 2 foot to go...

8. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Preach on Sister Rach!!

I am a great fan of the jumpsuit era (see the gallery for evidence!!)- his biggest and best sound !!

It is a disgrace that his music is not getting the airplay it deserves , but it speaks volumes that its still riding high in the charts despite this (and is also a sad comment on the generally poor standard of modern chart music!!).

Part of the problem may be down to EPE's alleged dispute with the BBC that won't let the Beeb show the King on Top of the Pops and similar.

Anyway , I 've got them all so far and am still collecting. Elvis lives!!!!

9. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Be afraid .....Be very afraid.......Comments like that will result in a visit from the Becontree front row (and I don't mean the cornet section!!!) !!!!

10. Miss Presley

Miss Presley Member

We've got to meet!!!

11. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

You've got to get different avatars! I keep getting the two of you mixed up!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Elvis
    number 1
    UK
    Elvis CD
    Poor Elvis
  13. Miss Presley

Miss Presley Member

Blame baritone Elvis for that, he stole mine ;)

Or 2md, if you have the time to change mine for me???????? A white jumpsuit would be very pleasing!

:tup

14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Guilty as charged !! I nicked Miss P's when tmp got reformatted and my old one wouldn't fit anymore!!

Will be happy to meet up with you Miss P at any time - hopefully we will be at Harrogate again this year (will know for definite by tomorrow night!!!) , Failing that , anytime you are down in the direction of the smoke give me a shout!!

15. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Stop thief, that is copyrighted to LBB enterprises. The judge has ordered you to pay a fine of £13000.00 in order to compensate the managing director, i.e., me.

Whilst on the subject of Elvis I think the live version of Suspicious Minds C1970 was his best ever. Just love the bass line at the end.

16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm quite happy not hearing him.... seems to have been a bit of a sweaty fat guy who was permanently out of breath from what i've seen...

17. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Anyone else here heard 'Elvis McPresley' aka Dean Park a Scottish comedian?

Just imagine the Jimmy Shand remix of Elvis's greatest hits and youv'e got it! Brilliant.

It is regularly played by Martin Kelner in his late night local radio programme in the Yorkshire area.

Apparently he also does 'Wee Andy McWebber' - can't wait to hear that one!

18. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

You better get requesting then Miss Presley!!

19. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I think Im gonna have to agree with you *runs away from all the Elvis fans*

20. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

This may seem a strange comparison, but to me, Elvis is like Oasis, EVERY song sounds the same. Elvis pops up at every karoake night in the country, which most of the time sounds better when being sung by whichever drunk loon has the mic. Elivs was no king, he was an ordinary guy with extraordinary bad dress sense. I mean, look at the stars of today that he inspired...Gareth Gates? (!) :hammer

21. Jamie

Jamie Member

Er... just you leave Gareth out of this!!

22. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Heh heh heh ;)