Pool Vs Snooker - Who's the daddy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Mar 24, 2005.

Pool or Snooker?

1. Pool - for those who love an adrenilan rush!

15 vote(s)
  2. Snooker - for those who find paint drying too hardcore!

5 vote(s)
  1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

In my opinion pool is the absolute dogs, can't think of not going to the pub and not playing pool now, excellent game to keep you occupied while you sup and talk crap!

Snooker is boring and takes too long to play...plus its anti small people (like me!) as you can't reach that far over the board!
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I like pool to play (probably because i am REALLY rubbish at snooker) but I do like watching Snooker on tv. Some people might think it is boring but I spent hours watching it as a student. I also went to watch it live at the Crucible a number of times with my housemates.
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Wheres the option for theyre both boring?
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

gotta be the pool! :)
  5. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Pool is a really good social game, you can get a bunch of mates together, have a drink or 2 (or more :) ), and you dont have to be a great player to have a fab time.

Snooker on the other hand, game for 2 people (as such - you know what i mean!) and damn difficult to master, as much as i enjoy playing (and watching) snooker, its gotta be pool for me! :)
  6. katharine

katharine Member

oops, i voted snooker but only because i hit the wrong thing.

pool is way better.
  7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

it HAS to be pool!!!!

(possibly only cuz i can beat my bro n my dad at it occasionally)
  8. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Have some respect boy... Snooker saved this country...
  9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Gonna be incredibly thick and go

10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I've become addicted to watching 9 ball pool on Sky. It's a scream when the commentator says "Great safety shot!" the Steve Davies or Tony Drago come forward and play a snooker type shot the commentator sould never have considered. The one that sticks in my mind was the cue ball being played onto three balls hard enough to run onto and pot the 9, but controlled enough to stop the cue ball scratching. "OMG!" What an amazing shot! Could be the best shot of all time!" etc until the next break. (Of course, Steve them failed to pot anything and lost the next six racks...)

In addition, with normal specs on, my eyesight isn't good enough to pick out long pots on a snooker table.

So, pool for me.
  11. Chris Sanders

Al Murray... Pub Landlord... Snooker Saved this country... Battle of Britain...

I'll lend you the DVD...

In the meanwhile...

Everbody Salute Snooker!!
  12. Jamie

Jamie Member

While Al Murray is very funny, his arguments are just not convincing enough to make me a foot taller and able to reach a snooker table. Plus 'david shots' (Ginge knows) are waaaaay too hard on a snooker table given the sheer distance my very dodgy angle calculations have to consider...

Perhaps if Peter Kay said something on the subject, I may be persuaded... ooooh, no! If Vicky Pollard, Marjorie Dawes and Lou and Andy all played snooker, I'd never look back!! (sorry, developing an obsession with short, fat, funny men... perhaps will go see Uncle Dunc nextdoor...)
  13. NeilW

NeilW Member

Where's the Billiards choice?

Only needs 3 balls, and you're allowed "in-off" legally.

(played lots of billiards when I was at school :) , a bit of snooker from time to time, but I think only one solitary game of pool - which I lost! )

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

8 Ball or 9 ball are both good. Now idea what snookers is!!
  15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well i suppose pool... but table football destroys them all...
  16. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I like the Fuβball

(I think I got that character correct :?)
  17. Chris Sanders

That you did sir...
  18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Check out the videos in the multimedia section of this site...

I have a friend at uni who's slightly obsessed with the game... sorry, go back to the topic...
  19. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I prefer pool - mainly because i'm absolutely gash at snooker!
  20. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

The Snooker World Championships are starting in a few weeks:woo
    Ideal thing to watch on tv when you're supposed to study for your exams at uni :biggrin:, I remember watching it for hours in the tv room of our student house...