Pontypool Brass - South Wales 4th Section - Players needed for Areas

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by JessopSmythe, Jan 17, 2007.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Under New Management :)

Having just taken on the band this month, I've identified a gap or two in the contest lineup.

Tenor Trombone
    Bass Trom

Could do with
    Eb Bass
    Back row cornets

We have one or two multitalented players who could shuffle around as needed so all other players welcome.

PM Me, Email jessopsmythe@themouthpiece.com or ring 07901 865256 / 07919 043765
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Good luck not only with the recruitment but also with the conducting. Hope to catch Pontypool at the Welsh area if I make it up for it!!:)
  3. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

It may help your recruitment drive if you say what night/times practices are too. Do you have a band website to visit?
  4. Barking Baritone!

Barking Baritone! New Member

Good luck in the search. I took the band to the contest in Treorchy and they are a hard working lot. They are also a nice buch of people!
  5. JessopSmythe

Oops! Sorry.

Monday and Wednesday nights 7:30 - 9:30 in our own bandroom in the centre of Pontypool. Although there is a link to it in my sig, the website is currently under construction.
  6. JessopSmythe

Tenor Trom seat now filled along with one cornet seat.

Still gaps for

Euph / Eb Bass (Existing player could do either depending on who joins)
    2nd Cornet
    Bass Trom
  7. tomrisca

tomrisca New Member

What up and coming contests are you going to compete in?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  8. JessopSmythe

Can't confirm too much here as it's still under discussion.

We're definitely doing the Areas plus the 3 Local contests (Ebbw Vale, Burry Port/Ammanford, Treorchy) as well as Weston. I'd also like to be doing Whychavon and Pontins.

If things go to plan we'd also be looking to put on a couple of biggish concerts through the year in addition to all the usual small earners.

Feel free to come over for a blow.