Pontins Youth Championships: Whos playing?!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by stripybananas, Jun 15, 2005.

1. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

Has anyone heard whos playing in either section yet?

I know section A has 6 bands, and i know Poynton Youth, Mouth Charles Youth, and Youth Brass 2000 are competing but does anyone know of anyone else?
  2. stotty74

stotty74 Member

According to 4BR, the list of bands as at 19th May were:

Section A:
    Greater Gwent
    Horbury Victoria
    Mount Charles
    Poynton Youth
    West Glamorgan
    Youth Brass 2000

Section B:
    Aberystwyth Youth
    Northop Youth :biggrin:
    Sellars International Youth

I believe they were keeping the entry date open in the hope of attracting a few more bands to the event, especially for Section B. An email our secretary had the other day seemed to confirm this, as she was told that there were now 4 Bands in Section B, but they didn't say who it was. Sure it will be a great weekend, and my band seems to be looking forward to it.
  3. becks164

becks164 Member

come on sellers you can do it on saturday!!!its gonna be such a good day cant wait for it! hope to see some tmpers out and about in wales aswell!!!!!! :)
  4. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Freddies School Band are going!
  5. em_d

em_d Member

i'll be there with worcester youth band (A section), don't know why we've been missed off all the lists!
  6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ill be there playin wiv northop youth :tup
  7. becks164

becks164 Member

hehe your in my section we'll have to catch up
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Results: thanks to drummergurl....
    B section:
    1st: Northop
    2nd: Sellers
    3rd: Fred Longworth

Best cornet: Sop, Northop
    Best Horn: Sellers
    Best Euph: Sellers
    Best Trom: Northop
    Best Basses: Sellers
    Best Perc: Northop (well dun drummergurl!!! :D)
  9. Just been told Greater Gwent have won Section A and also Best Basses and Euphs - Well done everyone!!! Congratulations!
  10. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

well done to Gwent!!

Hope to catch up with you all soon!!
  11. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

I Think

1. Greater Gwent
    2. Poynton Youth
    3. Horbury Victoria
    4. Youth Brass 2000
    5. West Glamorgan
    6. Worcester Youth

Best Cornet: ????
    Best Horn: Youth Brass 2000
    Best Euphonium: Greater Gwent
    Best Trombone: Youth Brass 2000
    Best Basses: Greater Gwent
    Best Percussion: Poynton Youth

Not 100% sure on those, except poynton and YB2K results!
  12. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

best percussion: poynton youth;)
  13. em_d

em_d Member

6th...worcester youth-woo! lol. well done trace (youth brass 2000)
  14. drummergurl

congrats to sellers youth, i cant say i heard you guys play yesterday but i know sellers are a good band and i knew it would be close (that was clear from the individual prizes too) :tup

well done mr bousie :D
  15. becks164

becks164 Member

well done miss drummergirl on winning best percussion section!!! im happy with best horn, euph and bass section thats mint. it was a very close event andi cant wait to do it next year!!!!
  16. drummergurl

hehe cheers chuck! was good seein you yesterday... and everyone else i saw who i knew (not many people really).

aaaaaaah the timp part in attleborough suite at the end is amazing! me likey vvv much
  17. becks164

becks164 Member

i muast say its a really good part, and i must congratulate tom ladlow who was playing it cause he did a fantastic job on it!!! well done chuck
  18. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Totally agree - i wasn't able to get into the hall before you started, but from what i heard from outside, you were very good. Speaking to people in the hall that listened to all performances, it was a very, very tight call between both bands that could have gone either way. Well done also to Fred Longworth Band

Very happy with the way my band played, and i couldn't really have asked them to have played any better.

Would be nice to see more bands supporting the event next year though. We struggled in the run-up because of exams, so maybe that has someting to do with it? Not really sure what other time of year it could be fitted into though.

Congrats to Greater Gwent aswell for today - double Welsh win!!
  19. jim

jim Member

Great result for the Greater Gwent Youth Brass Band, well done to Northop to maby it just is the Year of the Dragon! Great invasion of the stage I bet they didnt no what hit them when like 60 people ran to collect the trophy!
  20. alexandria

alexandria Member

Pontins Youth contest

Well done guys, keep it up!!!!!!